Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the TPMS wheel sensors was changed at a local tire dealer because of an error code that the sensor battery was bad. The replacement sensor is from NAPA and the dealer has always done great work on this and previous vehicles.

Now there is a different problem. The TPMS light starts flashing when on the interstate going over 65 MPH for over 15 minutes. Once it faults the light stays on steady. It stays faulted until the dealer resets the light. The dealer cannot find any faults with his tester but the problem returns.

Could this be a compatibility problem with the NAPA sensor?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Your answers are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm about to look into this as well. Mine flashes as soon as I start the truck and then stays steady after a min or so. I took it down to discount tire and they said that "it just needed to be woken up" ?!?!?! It came back on a couple days later.

·
Premium Member
20,958 Posts
MM: Flashing at startup and then going steady usually means that the on-board computer has lost synchronization with the sensors. Going through the relearn process should take care of it.

EastTNTitanTower: I would suspect the sensor. I have three sets of sensors for my Titan. Two of the sets came from other Titans. I don't know of many Titans that are using aftermarket sensors. Do you have the Navigation system in your Titan? If so, it should show the sensors on the screen.

Reactions: Marvelous Matt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HRTKD

Thank you for the reply. My gut feeling is that it is from the aftermarket sensor also.
I do not have a nav system.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Hopefully I wont have any issues and will post here if I do. I recently bought new rims and tires and Discount Tire put in new sensors so I wouldn't have to take my old ones out. He assured me they are oem sensors that the use but said once I lift my truck and get the rims and tires put on I must come back so they can program them to the computer. I've never heard of this but we'll see. Also these rims have 2 stems which is odd. One for air and the other is the sensor.

·
Premium Member
20,958 Posts
He assured me they are oem sensors that the use but said once I lift my truck and get the rims and tires put on I must come back so they can program them to the computer. I've never heard of this but we'll see.
This is correct. The on-board computer won't listen to the new sensors until you go through the relearn process.

Reactions: rbt
1 - 6 of 6 Posts