Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you all have taken out the tire sensors and not replaced them, because you have gotten new wheels or just had problems.

also, who can tell me how much taller a 33x12.50 tires is over the 265x70

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
How many of you all have taken out the tire sensors and not replaced them, because you have gotten new wheels or just had problems.

also, who can tell me how much taller a 33x12.50 tires is over the 265x70

Thanks
In most cases people swap their existing sensors or just purchase new ones if they are going back and forth from stock wheels to the aftermarket. The nice thing about having two sets of sensors is you can bolt on your stocks if you go to places where you don't want to mess up your nice aftermarkets. The sensors also self reset after about 10 minutes of driving (some vehicles can take about 30 minutes and require a formal reset procedure).

FYI as of rite now about 70% of new vehicles on the market have TPMS and by 2008 it is mandaited by the National Highway Safety Traffic Institute that all new cars and trucks have TPMS.

As to your answer about the 33's vs the 265/70-17's the 265's are 31.61 in overall diameter with a 10.43 section width, the 33's are 32.77 tall and a 12.5 in section width.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just bought my titan (2nd One) from the dealer with a lift kit installed from a local place the tire pressure sensor was on when i bought it, I told them and they reset it for free for my new kit

·
Registered
234 Posts
i run the 18" oem goodyears with the tpms for the summer and i run the 17" wheel with mtr's without the tpms for the winter. so the little tire light stays on the winter and it really doesn't bother me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.