Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to get my TPSs replaced on my 2006 Titan Crew Cab. do I need to go to a dealer to get this done or can I buy the parts on ebay and get it done elsewhere. A set of four TPS is only $ 40 on ebay my regular repair shop wants $100 per tire to replace these things... or do I just ignore it and check pressure regularly.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
259 Posts
I’ve had all of mine replaced at Discount Tire - they do not use OEM Nissan and I have never had an issue.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Care is needed when ordering these. They have batteries in them that have a shelf life and usage life. I bought a set on Ebay once and they said they were new but had been sitting for 8 years and were dead. A new set with fresh batteries last 5-7 years on average.

Best to avoid the dealership on this too. Had my local dealership install a set of new ones and they could not get them to program. Told me that I needed a new BCM (Body Control Module) for $469.99. Told them no thanks and took to Discount tire, they programmed them for free since I buy tires from them. Save $469.99 :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess I will wait til i get new tires and have them done then. the parts on ebay look to be OEM part numbers but the manufacture date may be in question at $40 for 40ea. Nissan sell them for $63each until then I jsut will keep an eye on the TP.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Do the Nissan ones not have replaceable batteries? When I got new tires on my last Chev, Costco did a 'service kit' (battery) for each wheel sensor at $10ea. I know the Nissan sensors are quite different tech from the North American brands; I could also reset my sensors with a $7 tool on my Chev. My Titan remembers two sets, but wife's Juke needs a service bay visit each time we swap winter/summer tires if I want the TPMS light off.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,237 Posts
i wonder if there is an option to turn that setting off. i don't care to know what my tire pressure is that much, i have a gage that works just fine in the center console that i can check it with instead.

mine works fine but in the future, if its going to be a hassle or expensive getting them replaced or reset, i would rather turn it off and do it the old way when my current ones kick the bucket

·
Registered
353 Posts
i wonder if there is an option to turn that setting off. i don't care to know what my tire pressure is that much, i have a gage that works just fine in the center console that i can check it with instead.

mine works fine but in the future, if its going to be a hassle or expensive getting them replaced or reset, i would rather turn it off and do it the old way when my current ones kick the bucket
The first gen Titans do not have an option to turn off. If one of the sensors loses comms with the body control module you will have the TPS dash light on all the time. My OCD will not allow me to simply ignore the trouble light so I am on my third set of TPS right now. I did not see an option to turn the sensors off on my wife's 2019 Titan either.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do the Nissan ones not have replaceable batteries? When I got new tires on my last Chev, Costco did a 'service kit' (battery) for each wheel sensor at $10ea. I know the Nissan sensors are quite different tech from the North American brands; I could also reset my sensors with a $7 tool on my Chev. My Titan remembers two sets, but wife's Juke needs a service bay visit each time we swap winter/summer tires if I want the TPMS light off.
They are sealed, no way to open them without breaking them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had all of them replaced on my 2007... the light is still on. The shop told me the control module is bad.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
259 Posts
On my 08, I replaced them 2 different times. One shop couldn’t get the light off, went to a different one and they reprogrammed them in less than 10 minutes. At least try that before replacing control module or just writing it off as bad and living with it…

1 - 10 of 10 Posts