Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got em done. this was a half way picture..wow world of difference..

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bolt on...biggest notice is no lag in the rear end when i accelerate. no more flex in a$$ end either

Reactions: rbt

·
Registered
313 Posts
awesome tire and wheel combo!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was looking at getting some of these but I have no clue why I would need them. What do they benefit? I have a 09 SE with a procomp 6" lift and 35's. Would these help in anyway? New to 4x4 suspension components.

·
Registered
428 Posts
nice, where did you pick your up at?

·
Registered
761 Posts
I was looking at getting some of these but I have no clue why I would need them. What do they benefit? I have a 09 SE with a procomp 6" lift and 35's. Would these help in anyway? New to 4x4 suspension components.
Same question with a piggy back..... Do they hurt off-road performance when 4-wheeling in the Mountains?

06 LE CC 4x4, just a level kit.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Same question with a piggy back..... Do they hurt off-road performance when 4-wheeling in the Mountains?

06 LE CC 4x4, just a level kit.
For the most part, traction bars eliminate axle wrap and basically just make the whole rearend feel more connected, solid, and almost like a rear swaybar. If the bars are designed right, they shouldn't hurt off-road performance much if at all. The only negative is you might lose a little bit of articulation. I only have a leveling kit as well, and the traction bars are probably number 2 on my list of favorite mods I've done (new shocks have to be #1).

Reactions: Fly boy

·
Registered
989 Posts
would it be benificial for a stock pro 4x to look into a set of these? are they a diy item or a shop item?
I don't know if Nissan beefed up the rear leafsprings for the later models, but my 06 had serious axle wrap issues and traction bars eliminated that. IMO, they are one of the best mods out there for our trucks. For the most part, the PRG's that I have are a DIY item. The hardest part is welding the brackets to the frame for the front mounts (I had my cousin do it, took 20 minutes tops).

Just make sure to order some of this Energy Suspension 9.11104 Formula 5 Prelube 8oz. Tub because normal grease will last maybe a month. I've been using this stuff for 5 or 6 months with no squeaks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts