1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
i dont think they would work with your truck since your not lifted... with the PC lift..

I seen them on other members titans here...

·
Registered
139 Posts
You need to purchase that to install the Pro Comp traction bars. For some reason the mounting hardware is sold seperately.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
the pro comp mounting kit and traction bars will fit. you do not need to be lifted, or lifted with a pro comp kit.

That being said, it is not a very good traction bar set up. Take a look at the PRG traction bars

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the pro comp mounting kit and traction bars will fit. you do not need to be lifted, or lifted with a pro comp kit.

That being said, it is not a very good traction bar set up. Take a look at the PRG traction bars
Those were the first set I looked at.... for about 30 seconds due to the price. I only have $200 max right now for them.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So its either quality PRG, or crap waste of money Pro-comp?

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
well, for your price range, you are limited.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so save up more.... Got it. :crys:

·
Registered
139 Posts
So its either quality PRG, or crap waste of money Pro-comp?

Any other suggestions?
Has anyone on here fabricated their own bars and used the pro comp mounting hardware to attach it. I am thinking about getting traction bars later this year but I keep coming back to favoring the ones I can bolt instead of the welded brackets. I would be real interested to hear if anyone has fabricated their own with a set of bolt on mounting hardware.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Unless you plan on taking your leafs apart and cycling the suspension, you're better off buying a set. Traction bars are not just some tube welded from the axle to the frame, they have to allow for full travel and articulation.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also check out N-Fab Works...he has quality traction bars
Where is he located? Website? got a price range by chance?

I really want TB's, don't care if I have to weld or not. Only problem is my budget :(

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
I'm pretty sure there was a guy on either CT or TT that fabricated his own traction bars. Maybe not everything, but I remember heim joints being discussed.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GGRRRR, I really want them, but not if it will cost me $500

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Another option for you where budget is limited are the Hellwig HD Traction Springs. They're a bolt over the leaf springs and definitely help with axle wrap.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Unless you plan on taking your leafs apart and cycling the suspension, you're better off buying a set. Traction bars are not just some tube welded from the axle to the frame, they have to allow for full travel and articulation.
So how does it work with the other welded on setups? Do they show you the exact spot to weld on the front bracket? If not then I would imagine the installation wouldn't be any different than making your own. To cycle the suspension couldn't you just jack the back end up to release any built up tension in the springs and then slowly set it back down, making sure to chalk the wheels once they contact the ground? or is there more to it then what I am thinking.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
A lot more then you're thinking, you didnt take in to account full bump or anything. People get so much $$ for their traction bars because the time it takes to set them up right.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts