Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an '06 Titan Crew Cab LE 4x4. I'm having a strange issue with the traction control. After I've been driving for 15 minutes or so and go to accelerate, the "Slip" light starts flashing and the truck will not accelerate. I'll coast along for a few seconds and it usually corrects itself. On one occasion, I had to coast to a stop on the shoulder before the problem went away. With the traction control turned off, this problem doesn't happen, but it has to be turned off before the problem starts or it doesn't help. Any ideas on where to start looking?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Any codes? Are your rear axle seals leaking?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Check all four wheel sensors.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check the wire harness above the rear passenger wheel. If you ever have had an exhaust leak between the muffler and the tailpipe that harness could have been damaged. The whole thing should be covered in split tubing. If its got a patch where the split tubing is gone then it probably got hot up there at some point.

I was having a ABS issue with my truck where the slip and ABS lights would randomly come on. I wasn't able to immediately tell there was wire damage. The only sign was the missing split tubing. I pulled the harness out of its zip tie clips that hold it to the frame. Got as much slack as I could and pulled the wires apart. I couldn't see the problem but when running my fingers over the wires I felt just the slightest little bump in one of them. When I bent the wire at the bump it snapped and a bunch of green dust fell out. About 2 inches of the wire had almost completely corroded away inside the insulation. It turned out it was one of the wires for the passenger rear ABS sensor. After I fixed it the slip and ABS light has stayed off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts