Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 SE CC 4x2 with 32,000 miles. I have been saving money because I am about to have to do the 30,000 mile service, purchase new tires and replace my breaks. I haven't checked yet but I'm guessing thats going to be around 2 grand to $2500. I recently heard on the radio that a dealer in Orlando is offering $8500 back on the 08's. I'm really interested in a Pro 4X and with this cash back I could trade my 06 in and my payments would only go up around $50 a month. I wanted to know what your opinions were. Are the 08's much of an improvement? How much will I like the Pro 4X over my XE 4x2? Any info you guys can offer is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think your math might be off but if that's the case (50 a month) do it, it's well worth it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Call the dealer first and see which vehicle they are offering the rebate on. I saw an advertisement for a Nissan Dealer in Orlando 2 weeks ago. I called them up and the rebate was only for the 4x2's. I asked how much of a rebate was on the 4x4s and he said $5k.

Like I said before, call the dealer and see which vehicle they are offering the rebate on.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I suspect you'll take a hit on your truck because it is one year old with 30K on it and they need to do the tires etc.

There is like $4250 cash back this month so now is a good time to buy. I would offer the dealer invoice minus $4250. I would expect them to beat you up for ~ 2K on your trade below it's KBB trade in value, maybe more.

I suspect you will love the amenities offered on the Pro 4X over your XE. Of course your gas mileage will go down. Perhaps you like going off road or on the beach so you may like the functionality of the 4x4. Otherwise you may be happier with a 4x2. I know, I know, we all need our capabilities in case of emergency.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Agreed your 06 trade in price is probably lower than expected, keep us updated on what the dealer come back with.... Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think you are looking for a reason to trade (and that's okay - its your money). My 06 just turned 30k and I did all the 30k service stuff for under $100 (cabin filters, air filter, rear end fluid, oil change, rotate tires, etc). My brake pads looked like new (are you sure yours need changed) and my tires are still good. Even if you need pads and tires you should be able to get out for under $1000 for all three items. The real problem I see with your logic is that your payment period will be extended by 2 years. It may be only $50 a month more (if the dealer doesn't lowball you on the trade) but that payment is for two extra years. That's got to be pushing $10 grand.

·
Registered
731 Posts
You only live once. Just do it if its $50 a month. But in your statement. How much will you like the Pro4x over your XE 4x2??? In your signature it says you have an SE?? FYI, do you really need a 4x4 in Orlando, FL???

WhiteBoy said:
I have an 06 SE CC 4x2 with 32,000 miles. I have been saving money because I am about to have to do the 30,000 mile service, purchase new tires and replace my breaks. I haven't checked yet but I'm guessing thats going to be around 2 grand to $2500. I recently heard on the radio that a dealer in Orlando is offering $8500 back on the 08's. I'm really interested in a Pro 4X and with this cash back I could trade my 06 in and my payments would only go up around $50 a month. I wanted to know what your opinions were. Are the 08's much of an improvement? How much will I like the Pro 4X over my XE 4x2? Any info you guys can offer is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cloent... what math do you think might be off?

I was told by my dealer that the 30k is around $400. Tires are around $175 a piece and I was guessing the breaks would be another $300 - $500 (yes, they need done... they are squealing). I also have a few other random things that need to be done. I guess it's probably closer to $2,000.

Factory rebate is $4250 and the dealer is doubling it to $8500. Radio said on all 07 and 08 Titans. But yes, there very well could be fine print. It's Reed Nissan just to let you know.

As far as my truck goes. It's closer to 2 years old than 1 year old. Their automated quote thingy on their website said between $15,750 and $18,750 but I wouldn't take anything less than $20,000 because of a few of the upgrades I have added... i.e. hard tonneau, bed rug, volant intake and ram air, and the few audio upgrades I wont be taking out. Mostly because I don't have to trade it in, it would just be nice to upgrade. And they wont know just by looking at it that it needs the 30k, brakes and tires. Any vehicle I've ever traded here in FL has only been walked around and mileage checked.

I will probably go to Orlando this weekend and see what they say. Either they can work with me or they can't. Worst case scenario I drive mine back home and wait til I get my tax return this year. I just wanted your opinions on the difference of the 06's to 08's and the difference between the SE and the Pro 4X. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
The 08 pro4x are realy nice, but you need to start your mods over again like me had a 06 too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had an 06 SE 4x4 OR, and I just got the 08 Pro-4X, it feels like the same truck, I like the interior a lot better seem like the seats are softer, Nice controls. One thing i am getting used to is the fender flares. Silver truck black fender flares. I don't have side steps yet but looking into the NFab's. That should equalize the fender flares. With the double rebate sounds like a good deal.

Good luck

CP

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
WhiteBoy said:
Ok, so which one do you have.....SE or XE??

You would be smart just to keep your truck if you've had no issues.

If you spend $2000-$2500 dollars on a 30,000 service......
I have some land to sell you!!

BTW it's Brakes not Breaks......

·
Registered
201 Posts
WhiteBoy said:
Cloent... what math do you think might be off?

I was told by my dealer that the 30k is around $400. Tires are around $175 a piece and I was guessing the breaks would be another $300 - $500 (yes, they need done... they are squealing). I also have a few other random things that need to be done. I guess it's probably closer to $2,000.

Factory rebate is $4250 and the dealer is doubling it to $8500. Radio said on all 07 and 08 Titans. But yes, there very well could be fine print. It's Reed Nissan just to let you know.

As far as my truck goes. It's closer to 2 years old than 1 year old. Their automated quote thingy on their website said between $15,750 and $18,750 but I wouldn't take anything less than $20,000 because of a few of the upgrades I have added... i.e. hard tonneau, bed rug, volant intake and ram air, and the few audio upgrades I wont be taking out. Mostly because I don't have to trade it in, it would just be nice to upgrade. And they wont know just by looking at it that it needs the 30k, brakes and tires. Any vehicle I've ever traded here in FL has only been walked around and mileage checked.

I will probably go to Orlando this weekend and see what they say. Either they can work with me or they can't. Worst case scenario I drive mine back home and wait til I get my tax return this year. I just wanted your opinions on the difference of the 06's to 08's and the difference between the SE and the Pro 4X. Thanks guys.
by that i meant that you are correctly assuming what you will get for trade in, what you owe sale price etc.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find that the dealer gives you anything for those mods. :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
I like to buy something and pay it off and sell it, not trade it in for something else, lose money on the trade in and just pay MORE for the SAME thing but starting from scratch again with no equity.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I have always traded every two years. I may be changing that. Although I expect I will always have a truck payment, I am getting tired of fixing up my rides for the next guy. Dealers will usually not give you extra money for add ons. In fact, some mods can cost you money. My last trade much of the negotiating was done by email. The dealer didn't like that I had a gibson set up on it. Stated that it limited who might buy the truck from him. It was only after he heard the tone was not overly loud that he stopped his high pitched whine. It's funny, just about the time I get a truck where I want it is when I get the "bug" to trade. I wish I could have all the money I have spent on add ons back, but then where would the fun be in that? If I were you I think I would go another year. Believe me, there will still be deals and improvements that make you want to trade.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts