Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to trade my 4:56 Truetrac rear axle for a functioning 3:36 locking 4WD rear axle plus $200 from you. I’m trying to sell my truck, so I need to return the rear end back to stock.

I live in the Dayton, Ohio area.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Man I would jump all over this if I could just find a way to make this happen

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me clarify:

I don't want just the parts. I need to swap entire axles. This requires bringing our trucks together to do a manual swap.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Man, I did not realize that you were in Dayton. I am just 25 minutes northwest of Dayton in a little town called Laura.

This is kinda tempting, but I think 4:56 is way to low for my set up.

If you are looking to get rid of any of the other parts let me know. I would possibly be in the market for a few things from your list of mods.

Thanks,

Zack

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, I did not realize that you were in Dayton. I am just 25 minutes northwest of Dayton in a little town called Laura.

This is kinda tempting, but I think 4:56 is way to low for my set up.

If you are looking to get rid of any of the other parts let me know. I would possibly be in the market for a few things from your list of mods.

Thanks,

Zack
I don't have any thing else except for a rear under seat tray which I have on Craigslist. The 4:56 is definitely too deep for you. They would work out for someone with 37 inch tires.

Nice to know there is a Titan brother nearby.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey dads_taxi,sorry to thread jack but, didnt u used to live in washington?
We used to live in Spokane. My wife is active duty Air Force and had gotten orders to move to Dayton, Ohio this summer. Someday when she retires, I would like to move to MT. It is gorgeous there.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Nice to know there is a Titan brother nearby.
I'm in the Columbus area. There are a few of us here in Ohio, spread pretty thin though, not like SoCal or Florida.
You looking to replace with a new Titan, or are you done with trucks?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in the Columbus area. There are a few of us here in Ohio, spread pretty thin though, not like SoCal or Florida.
You looking to replace with a new Titan, or are you done with trucks?
I'm wanting to get a Duramax 1 ton next summer. No more mods on trucks for me. It's a waste of money. I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why do you say modding is a waste?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is more of a personal confession than anything else:

There is a point after very basic mods in which the money and time spent just vanishes away. I learned this is sober reality the hard way. I have spent nearly more money and time on mods in this truck than what I paid for it brand new in 2004. Also, maintaning (tires, tranny, etc.) on a beast like this over the long haul will continue to use up lots of money and time.

Obsession in "things" can easily turn into vanity. There is a lot more to life than creating a dream truck. You probably heard about the guy who made it to the very top rung of his ladder only to find that it was leaning on the wrong building.

My advice is to spend the minimum on your trucks and your use money and time and put it into people who love you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i thought so. to bad u still arent there i would head over and swap you in a heartbeat. good luck with the trade.
We used to live in Spokane. My wife is active duty Air Force and had gotten orders to move to Dayton, Ohio this summer. Someday when she retires, I would like to move to MT. It is gorgeous there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
modding is a waste because it depriciates your vehicle faster than anything. Not to mention most mods dont serve any real purpose for most drivers. Money would work better for you if you were to save or pay a vehicle off instead of paying interest. when people look for used vehicles they dont want someone elses loud exaust, huge lift with terrible mpg etc. you beat the truck up with mods then spend more to fix that. Shall I go on...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts