Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in November, I traded the Titan for a 4WD Xterra that I took delivery of for 4 days. I ended up having buyer's remorse more so due to the moan and groan sounds coming from the Xterra, so I got my truck back.

Tonight, I picked up an 08 white Titan XE CC. Going from an SE to an XE is a bit of an adjustment (manually adjusting mirrors, etc.) but it's not as bad as I thought. My main motivation for making the trade: the front end still rattled and vibrated really bad from the jack wagon who hit it and ran off, my rotors were waaaaay warped, my rear shocks were going out and etc. Another reason is because if we wanted to go out as a family, we would have to take my wife's Pathfinder to fit all of us (2 adults + 2 adopted kids + 2 foster kids). Too many miles were racking up on the Pathfinder.

It's been a long time since I've been in a stock height Titan. It felt weird. The wifey says I better lift it :bangit: It came with fog lights, but they weren't working so I had them put the blanks in for the time being.

I don't like the smoke front end. Should I paint the smoke parts black, or get it professionally color matched???

Attachments

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Congrats! But I know how you feel my first three titans were se and this new one is an xe... the mirrors are driving me crazy lol

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! But I know how you feel my first three titans were se and this new one is an xe... the mirrors are driving me crazy lol
The salesman had to follow me home so my wife could sign. He waited for 5 minutes while I got in and out over and over again to adjust the mirrors lol.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
i say color match and storm-trooper that som-beach.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Lmao, yeah its annoying esp cause mike is 6'3" and I'm 5'7" so he gets in tells me to move it.. then I get in alone and have to clikb over and mess with it! Ugh lol

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I 2nd the motion of storm troopering the truck! :)

Reactions: madrock

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Since the truck is white, I'd paint the front bumper white to match the rest of the truck. If you paint it black, it'll look similar to what it looks like now except darker. I think painting the bumper white would look better IMO. You can paint the grill black though. That would good pretty good.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yeah I didnt like the smoke front end also but my truck is black so I did the only thing I could think of thats a cheap mod...bedliner. Anyway I think you should paint it white to match the rest of the T, but bedline the upper grille.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
nice truck! i agree, you should paint it white. It'll look less like an xe too. that random smoke color is not workin imo.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i say color match and storm-trooper that som-beach.
I've been thinking long and hard about giving it the "Eddie Fonzareli" touch and hitting up the bumper cover with bedliner. I would need the head light mod to make it stand out though.

Since the truck is white, I'd paint the front bumper white to match the rest of the truck. If you paint it black, it'll look similar to what it looks like now except darker. I think painting the bumper white would look better IMO. You can paint the grill black though. That would good pretty good.
I like the look of the 2010 XE's. The front is completely white except for the grille.

nice truck! i agree, you should paint it white. It'll look less like an xe too. that random smoke color is not workin imo.
If I go the color match route, it may be awhile before I can do it. My company was bought out in December, and I lost my monthly bonus. No bonus = longer wait between mods :crying:

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
How about paint the bumper end caps only?

Keep the grille and mid bumper smoke and do a white/smoke theme... sumthin' different

Try to have someone photoshop different options.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts