Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't plan on doing anything this soon, but I've been toying with the idea of trading for something a little smaller like a Tacoma or Frontier simply because I really do not "need" a full size truck and of course gas mileage is always an issue with a full size...just part of the deal..lol. Tacomas are ridiculously overpriced IMO, so I checked out some Frontiers at a local dealer and ran across this one...stickered for $25,800 and got it for $21,190.

2011 Frontier Crew Cab SV 2wd...v6, auto, tow hitch, bed liner. The only picture I have so far is the one from their website.....

So far, I'm liking it a lot....taking some getting used to being smaller and all, but overall it's a nice little truck. It actually rides better than my Titan, which surprised me. Power isn't quite as good as a stock Titan I'd say...gonna need a programmer to help open it up.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think you did good to get it for 20k

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
That thing is gonna scream once you get a tuner for it...

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Idk for me I couldn't trade size for a few mpg! But atleast you got a baby titan =) lol congrats to you.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
congrats on the new truck:)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
That 4.0 is not a gas saver, believe me. We went from a '08 Pathfinder to the Titan and there is not a huge difference in mpg's.

·
Premium Member
3,490 Posts
That 4.0 is not a gas saver, believe me. We went from a '08 Pathfinder to the Titan and there is not a huge difference in mpg's.
Not huge, but some. It's a great engine. The Frontier's have come a long way since the day of the hardbody. It's a great choice if you don't need a full size truck. If you add a ten foot utility trailer, that will take care of the times when you need to haul lawnmowers, lumber, etc.

Getting close to 100k on my 06.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too late now...lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Honestly, you're gonna be disappointed if you bought the Fronty to save gas.

You'll be lucky if you get 2mpg better than the Titan. 1mpg is probably more realistic.

I bought a small truck once too. Thought I would save some gas too. Huge mistake. The loss of hauling ability, passenger and cargo, sucks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just ran through my first tank....averaged 38mpg....

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just ran through my first tank....averaged 38mpg....
Lol ohh, so you got the new hybrid frontier?

Jk bro.. If you really did, those are some extremely great numbers

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol ohh, so you got the new hybrid frontier?

Jk bro.. If you really did, those are some extremely great numbers
Lol, seriously so far it looks like I will get well over 300 miles to this tank...the tank bone dry is 21 gallons so if I ran till the truck died and ended up at 325 miles, that would around 15.5mpg. But we all know that there's a few gallons left when its time to fill up, so at 325 miles I will more realistically put around 18 gallons or so back in...which would put ne around 18mpg. Considering my Titan at best would average 15, mostly around 14.4...that ain't bad if you ask me. I will update later when I fill up just to make sure.

·
Registered
947 Posts
That's still a far cry away from 38mpg

·
Premium Member
46,415 Posts
good luck with her

i had a 90 hardbody for 165K or so, they have come along way, completely different truck, bigger truck, bigger engine...but I got high 20's with 2wd and 5 spd

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no you did not. been there and done that
Apparently this has gone over a few people's heads...just to clarify, that was a sarcastic comment concerning the discussion over whether or not the frontier will achieve better mileage than the titan. After that comment was made, in I believe my very next post I made the comment "seriously...." Meaning that the comment listed above was indeed meant to be a ...joke.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts