Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After three weeks, I am trading in my 2004 Titan 4x4 XE KingCab.
for a:

2004 Titan 4x4 LE CrewCab
Power Glass Sliding Sunroof
Big Tow Package
Side Air Bag Package
Off-Road Package
Navigation System
Entertainment System
Utility Bed Package

I know I am taking a huge loss on my current truck, but my new finance company is rolling my current truck loan into my mortgage re-financing and I can finally get the truck I really wanted. (and with a substantial lower payment)

For those of you in Northern Virginia, Sheehy Nissan in Manassas sells all Titans at invoice if you contact them through their internet department; otherwise I believe they sell for about $3000 under invoice which is also very close to invoice.

Contact Jeff Bennett if interested in Internet pricing:
[email protected]

·
Registered
183 Posts
Have you thought of selling the truck outright instead of trading it in? Given how hot the Titans are, you could probably get a much better price selling it yourself and I would think it would sell pretty fast. Just a thought...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had those thoughts, and may resort to that if my dealer gets tough. I will try to do this on the last day of the month as dealers give a lot on that day, plus this with be the 4th vehicle I have bought from my dealer in the past year. I will use that to my advantage as well as get another dealership involved if necessary.

·
Registered
779 Posts
trading a perfectly good se kc for another

in May, I maybe trading in my Titan KC SE with Bench seating for another Titan KC SE Bench, but with a rear e-locker equipped Off Road package.

My Nissan saleman said the Titan has a "Limited Slip Differential" [rear axle], but he later said meant "ABLS". When I read the Manufacture's Sticker, in near dark, i thought it said Limited Slip Differentail, but later on at home, after closer reading that sticker it said Active Brake Limited Slip Differential or what ever. Man, I was pissed off :huh: ! I did tell the saleman the reaon to get this truck is for off-roading purpose to replace a Jeep Wrangler.

the new sales tax alone is a 8.5% loss!

please refrain from reminding me what a "dunce" i was to let the saleman sell me the wrong truck. supposedly the dealar will 'do their best" with the prices of trade-in and the new truck. got any comments about my alternatives...? no 4x4x in my ara has any e-lockers to install on either front or rear axle. (i want both...the prudent :huh: thing to do is to wait and wait and wait for an after market install, since i want to get to the local 4x4 shop to install on the front).

E-Locker won't be available for dealer installation, Nissan and Dealer confimrs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Man, that's a huge upgrade!

drauden said:
After three weeks, I am trading in my 2004 Titan 4x4 XE KingCab.
for a:

Big Tow Package
Side Air Bag Package
Off-Road Package
Navigation System
Entertainment System
Utility Bed Package

I know I am taking a huge loss on my current truck, but my new finance company is rolling my current truck loan into my mortgage re-financing and I can finally get the truck I really wanted. (and with a substantial lower payment)

For those of you in Northern Virginia, Sheehy Nissan in Manassas sells all Titans at invoice if you contact them through their internet department; otherwise I believe they sell for about $3000 under invoice which is also very close to invoice.

Contact Jeff Bennett if interested in Internet pricing:
[email protected]

·
Registered
647 Posts
Big Tow Package
Side Air Bag Package
Off-Road Package
Navigation System
Entertainment System
Utility Bed Package

That's exactly what I have on order. I thought about getting a different model but decided that I didn't want to have any regrets about not getting something later. I figure I still have my 90 Maxima with only 98,000 miles so I'll be enjoying the Titan for a long time.

·
Registered
779 Posts
mtb...endo

nice profile name. "mtbendo" like mtb...endo.

i have had many hard endos on my bike.

here in Northern California, there's a mt bike "mecca" near the town of Downieville where there are gnarly trails like "Butchers..." & "2nd Divide" I've endo-ed on Butchers so fast i flew off my bike, like superman, and landed with a "face fall" --had nice looking bruises on my hands, forearm, and thighs for months.

now i have the sweet Titan to haul our mt bikes to them trail heads

·
Registered
647 Posts
pluckyew, you're right, it's for MTB Endo. I've had more than my share of unexpected mountain bike launches. We've got a trail in So. Cal nicknamed the "grand canyon". Kind of gives you a visual. Luckily I've never endo'd on it.

I too am looking forward to hauling my bikes around in the Titan (3 more stinkin weeks of waiting) instead of cramming them into the back of my Pathfinder.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think it really says a lot for Titan overall, in that, having been on sale only three and a half months, and already having repeat customers... :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts