Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really considering getting the new ford the engine has me sold 3.6 liter v6turbo i just dont know if it would be worth getting rid of the titan.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I watched that full test a month ago and was wicked impressed. Of I could pay for one I would.

·
Premium Member
46,430 Posts
Found
On
Road
Dead

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I'd trade my Titan for an F-150 in a heartbeat...I'm getting a Raptor in 2 years.

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
318 Posts
Has anyone drove one, I have and was not impressed. If you punch it the wot delay is way worse than ours and the power really isn't noticeable. I don't get that suckyoutotheseat factor I get with T! And that's why my motto is "Titan, what else is there?"

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
If you get the Ecoboost, you're not going to be that much faster than a Titan. The Eco's seem to be running mid to high 14's in the 1/4. A intake/exhaust and programmed Titan are running the same times or even a few ticks faster if you got Uprev and headers. The only thing you're really getting is the potential for easy mods that a turbo engine would give you. However, since you don't want to risk the powertrain warranty, you won't be able to turn up the boost until the warranty is up. Ford is pretty strict with the powertrain warranty on those things. By the time the warranty is up, the next gen Titan will be out with a direct injected dual VVT 400+hp Endurance 5.6L V8 and who knows what else from the other truck makers.

The only thing I don't like about the Ecoboost is the exhaust. It's super quiet and it basically sounds like a Honda Civic. I was at the local Ford dealer when one of the lot guys drove in with one right after washing it. I couldn't believe it how quiet it was. I could hardly hear the engine when he accelerated. It sounded like a V6 Camry when he drove across the lot.

I'm not sure what kind of aftermarket they have since it's so new. If I were you, I'd wait a one or two model years before getting one so they can work the bugs out. That way, the DIY knowledgebase will be there and you won't get burned by being a first model year guinnea pig either.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Would I buy an Ecoboost? Only if I could keep my hands off it. I can't. That's why I'll be getting the 6.2 in a couple years.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Would I buy an Ecoboost? Only if I could keep my hands off it. I can't. That's why I'll be getting the 6.2 in a couple years.
My dad is always sayin that he can see me buying a raptor in 2 years once i graduate college. I do agree with him. unless nissan pulls out somethin great.:ftard:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
If I were to buy another Truck the F-150 would probably be high on my list.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
If i were to buy another truck other than Nissan it would be a GM product..
NO Ford or Dodge!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
The 150 is a nice truck but you're gonna pay for it, that's for sure. I think their price point is ridiculously off the charts. I've bought several for the company the last couple of years and even with fleet discounts I almost get sick on what we pay for strippers. I paid less for my last loaded CC Titan than I paid for a 4x4 KC, fleeted out.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
My dad is always sayin that he can see me buying a raptor in 2 years once i graduate college. I do agree with him. unless nissan pulls out somethin great.:ftard:
Yeah. I'm getting one when I graduate. Already decided. The Titan is going bye-bye. I thought for the longest time that I was going to be keeping the truck since it will be paid off in a year and then get a CPO BMW M3. But the more I thought about it, I realized that any M-car is always in the shop at BMW. So it wasn't worth it. Plus, my truck has been in and out of the shop all the time since I first got it in June 2007. So the Raptor is a combination of both in my eyes hahaha.

The 150 is a nice truck but you're gonna pay for it, that's for sure. I think their price point is ridiculously off the charts. I've bought several for the company the last couple of years and even with fleet discounts I almost get sick on what we pay for strippers. I paid less for my last loaded CC Titan than I paid for a 4x4 KC, fleeted out.
I think it varies honestly. I was looking at trading the Titan for a 2010 lifted Platinum over the break and was going to be getting invoice + $5000 off the price of the lift, wheels, tires, flares, bull bar, and tint. Hell of a deal in my eyes. And I know guys getting Raptors for $500 over invoice. That's a deal and half on an SVT vehicle.

Plus, keep in mind that the resale of Titans is garbage.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I know this is about going to an f-150, but what about trading in for a used f250? Yeah yeah...two different trucks but I'm trying to see what the consensus is as well

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I know this is about going to an f-150, but what about trading in for a used f250? Yeah yeah...two different trucks but I'm trying to see what the consensus is as well
What year/motor?

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you get the Ecoboost, you're not going to be that much faster than a Titan. The Eco's seem to be running mid to high 14's in the 1/4. A intake/exhaust and programmed Titan are running the same times or even a few ticks faster if you got Uprev and headers. The only thing you're really getting is the potential for easy mods that a turbo engine would give you. However, since you don't want to risk the powertrain warranty, you won't be able to turn up the boost until the warranty is up. Ford is pretty strict with the powertrain warranty on those things. By the time the warranty is up, the next gen Titan will be out with a direct injected dual VVT 400+hp Endurance 5.6L V8 and who knows what else from the other truck makers.

The only thing I don't like about the Ecoboost is the exhaust. It's super quiet and it basically sounds like a Honda Civic. I was at the local Ford dealer when one of the lot guys drove in with one right after washing it. I couldn't believe it how quiet it was. I could hardly hear the engine when he accelerated. It sounded like a V6 Camry when he drove across the lot.

I'm not sure what kind of aftermarket they have since it's so new. If I were you, I'd wait a one or two model years before getting one so they can work the bugs out. That way, the DIY knowledgebase will be there and you won't get burned by being a first model year guinnea pig either.
Not trying to be an ***, but pretty much your whole comment is worthless.

You say that the eco is not much faster than a titan? So not true. But then I see you compare a titan w/ headers, uprev, intake, and exhaust? How can you logically compare the 2?

The statement regarding the voiding of the warranty if you mod the eco, is true for any new car or truck from any manufacturer. Again worthless point.

Then, you claim the next generation titan is comin out with a 400+ hp motor. I have been hearing of this mystical titan since I bought mine in 2007. I got tired of waiting on it, so I ended up going another route.

The exhaust sounds like a civic? Not even close. But you are right about it being quiet..

You are also right about the aftermarket being weak. But lets be honest, how long do you think it will take for the aftermarket industry to have a whole list of mods for this truck? I know I have personally talked to livernois motorsports out of detroit, and they are working on something already.

I loved my titan, had absolutely no problems with it, but I enjoy being one of the fastest dd trucks on the dunes when I go out on weekends to play. I had a good couple year run with the titan, but something better came along and I picked one up.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Etalian,

I was looking at an 06 or 07, IIRC 6.4L
'06-'07 will have the 6.0L. I'd stay away from that. 6.4L began in 2008 and was in service until 2010.

I'd either go 6.4L if you want something newer. Or go '99-early '03 and get the 7.3L.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
'06-'07 will have the 6.0L. I'd stay away from that. 6.4L began in 2008 and was in service until 2010.

I'd either go 6.4L if you want something newer. Or go '99-early '03 and get the 7.3L.
x2 definetaly stay away from the 6.0. They are well known for having issues that can be very costly. I don't know to much about the newer 6.4, but the 7.3 seemed to be a very reliable motor. I have a friend who is close to 300,000 miles on his, with minimal repairs, and normal upkeep.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts