Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an XE. I bought a class IV after market trailer hitch from U-haul. I asked U-haul for an adapter that I could connect to my boat trailer. They said, sorry have to get that from the Nissan dealer. Nissan dealer explains that adapter is NOT sold separately... it comes with the hitch :huh: I went to a local truck accessory supplier in the area and they got me an adapter (made by Hoppy P/N 40955). I located my 7-pin connector under the bumper, connect my adapter and hook it to my bote trailer. :gunz: Brake lights work, turn signals work, but taillights no worky :crying:

What am I missing here... Surely I'm not the only idiot that couldn't get his trailer lights working.....

Any help is appreciated :cheers:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Jarlow273 said:
I've got an XE. I bought a class IV after market trailer hitch from U-haul. I asked U-haul for an adapter that I could connect to my boat trailer. They said, sorry have to get that from the Nissan dealer. Nissan dealer explains that adapter is NOT sold separately... it comes with the hitch :huh: I went to a local truck accessory supplier in the area and they got me an adapter (made by Hoppy P/N 40955). I located my 7-pin connector under the bumper, connect my adapter and hook it to my bote trailer. :gunz: Brake lights work, turn signals work, but taillights no worky :crying:

What am I missing here... Surely I'm not the only idiot that couldn't get his trailer lights working.....

Any help is appreciated :cheers:
Relays under the hood.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I hate to say it, but this is why I recomend the Nissan hitch, sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I would defenently recomend that too. Wish I would have known about this site beforehand. This is a great site!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know where I can order these relays? I just got off the phone with the dealership and they only come with the tow package. Or am I SOL.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Jarlow273 said:
Does anyone know where I can order these relays? I just got off the phone with the dealership and they only come with the tow package. Or am I SOL.
Sounds like the dealer is BSing you. Call another dealer, tell them you have the BIG TOW package and burned up your relays and need to order new ones. Or tell them you have the BIG TOW package and will be pulling a trailer to Barrow Alaska and want to have some spare relays for the trip.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Jarlow273 said:
They are half right. In the Nissan parts system, if type in your VIN the relays would not automaticaly apply to your truck. Just tell the dealer you have the accessory hitch. Better then that, here are the part numbers.

25230-79945
25230-79964

They go in the relay box just behind the battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a different problem, i have running light on both sides, no brake on left side and no turn on left side. All fuses are good and the truck has the big tow package. any suggestions on that

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts