Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hooked a pigtail to the end of the titan factory trailer wiring.
(this)

Tow Ready Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring for Nissan Titan 2010 - 20119

And put in the three relays (from uhaul).

And everything works but the running lights.

So I read threads about a fuse. So I see diagrams because Nissan provides less than nothing. My truck doesn't match any diagrams or pictures that people show me.

So at some point this stuff changed? No what? Also, I saw threads that say the diagrams are on the top of the fuse box. Well sort of, only for the relay and fuseable links, not for the vertical fuse panel closest to the firewall.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Re: Re: Trailer Running lights, 2012 Titan.

Thanks. Any suggestions on how to get to that fuse? Really long pliers I guess?
There's a couple of tabs, one on each side of the ipdm, push them to release the lock and the ipdm will slide up/out exposing the lower fuses.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Got it out. I might need to visit the emergency room to get the bleeding in my knuckles to stop.

Fuse f4 is fine.

Now what? Did I get a bad relay?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Ok. Got it out. I might need to visit the emergency room to get the bleeding in my knuckles to stop.

Fuse f4 is fine.

Now what? Did I get a bad relay?
The running light are not control by the relays. Another member recently had the same problems and the dealer found a wire for the running light was cut near the IPDM.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
And just to continue my vent. Why would anyone make fuses so flipping hard to get to? Was this truck designed by graduates of Marquis de Sade University? Damn, still bleeding trying to put the IPDR or whatever the f its called back into is hiding place.

Thanks for your help, God help me if another fuse ever blows. Might be easier to trade it in.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
The relay under the dash should have been installed from the factory. There was a few that didn't get it installed and the dealer was supposed to install it per the TSB but that's way back in 09.
Incase anyone is wondering which relay it is.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just went through every thread on this problem... It turns out it was a bad connection on my trailer plug. Bent it together more and worked great... The guys at the rv dealership are as smart as Nissan's apparently... waited for 2 hours while they tried to fix it. Took it home and figured it out thanks to TT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Ran into the same problem a few months ago - never got it resolved - ended up running a jumper wire with an in-line 10A fuse from the left tag light to the running light pin on the plug. Still frustrates the hell out of me, but at least all my lights now work.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Hmm.
I recently had a RH brake lamp out on my trailer.
Checked all the way from the tail to the tongue.
Had power at the pin but not when plugged in so I bent the pin a little and now it is fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi!

Could you please point to the place, I cannot find it.What needs to be removed to get to the place pointed at the picture?

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts