Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, stupid question: I have a non-bt, and I bought a DrawTite Hitch.

Now I don't have the "trailer wiring connector" yet.

Where do I find the cable under the truck to connect it to the trailer wiring connector?

And where do I find a harness to hold/secure the trailer wiring connector? Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
You should have gotten the OEM it comes with everthing you need (relays and plug for OEM harness). This is what I did.

The harness on the truck is located on the drivers side behind the rear bumper. It is a round plug with a cap on it.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Brents said:
You should have gotten the OEM it comes with everthing you need (relays and plug for OEM harness). This is what I did.

The harness on the truck is located on the drivers side behind the rear bumper. It is a round plug with a cap on it.
But he didn't get the OEM, so now you need to get the proper relays from your dealer. I have no idea what the part numbers are???

The harness itself is located on the drivers side near the rear bumper as Brents noted.

·
Registered
385 Posts
etrailer.com has a wiring kit, that includes a 7 pin connector and all the necessary relays for about $45. Plugs right into the factory wiring harness.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was told by the shop that installed my hitch that the only place that I could get the relays was from the dealer. Dealer charged $50 and claimed that was their cost.

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
RGR - What year is your truck? The 2008 I looked at has everything right there, just need the end-plug, and the hitch of course.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ed753 said:
RGR - What year is your truck? The 2008 I looked at has everything right there, just need the end-plug, and the hitch of course.
Mine is a 2007. The kit I got also comes with the relays you need for lights and turn signals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts