Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have train horns on their truck? What brands and where are they mounted?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I could be wrong, but I'll offer up Galen as a train horn owner. PM him.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I believe Galen has them TitanBlue, I think we heard them a few times down in NJ if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would not put a train horn on any vehicle of mine. You will greatly increase your chances of hitting something with a train horn.

Based on my experience as a railroad conductor, they are a magnet for stupid idiot drivers, drunks, deer, & debris. Just kidding. The horn has nothing to do with it, but they still don't work for trains. Hopefully they work better on trucks than trains...

I would get flamed at work as a "railroad buff" if I had one on my truck. Not cool...

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
cnett said:
I would not put a train horn on any vehicle of mine. You will greatly increase your chances of hitting something with a train horn.

Based on my experience as a railroad conductor, they are a magnet for stupid idiot drivers, drunks, deer, & debris. Just kidding. The horn has nothing to do with it, but they still don't work for trains. Hopefully they work better on trucks than trains...

I would get flamed at work as a "railroad buff" if I had one on my truck. Not cool...
A ferroqenuenologist (sp) I am indeed! I'd be honored to be a "railroad buff" at work, and am! Love them trains. Member B&O Railroad Museum, former Member National Capitol Trolley Museum, see! :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
TitanBlue said:
A ferroqenuenologist (sp) I am indeed! I'd be honored to be a "railroad buff" at work, and am! Love them trains. Member B&O Railroad Museum, former Member National Capitol Trolley Museum, see! :)
Well, sitting on a train for 12 to 16 hours at a time gets old real quick. I work with a few former "rail buffs." Many coworkers wish they would not have hired out for the railroad because it's more than a job, it's a lifestyle (& b/c Norfolk Southern cannot dispatch trains worth a $h!t). My girlfriend says I call signals in my sleep, but I've learned to adapt. Where else can someone right out of high school make $70k /year w/ excellent benefits?

TitanBlue, have you ever been to Fostoria, OH? It's amazing how many people take pictures of NS & CSX trains at Fostoria (aka "iron curtain"). They usually hang out at the B&O & C&O diamonds. It's definitely a hobby of all ages and Fostoria is full of them.

Have you seen the railview camera video of the BNSF headon in Kismet, Ca? Gives you an idea how boring it's setting in a train. It's on YouTube. Search "BNSF wreck" "BNSF kismet wreck."

Sorry to hijack.... back to horns....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
How much does the kit/install average? And can you get a ticket for it?

I've been interested in getting train horns since I had my last truck.

·
Super Moderator
161,018 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i want a loud a$$ horn too but i also want to make someone literally $hit themselves in traffic. what about a cruise ship horn? where can i get one?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a Kline ( i think that show you spell it) kit and LOVE IT!!! Very Loud!!
was about $600 installed w/ a lifetime warranty on parts and labor locally here in JAX FL. Worth every penny. Scare the SH** out of people with it. HAHAHA

Mine is now mounted in my spot where my spare tire was firing out the back. It have 3 "trumpets" in a triangle stack. I wish we could face the horns to fire foreward but they siad that road debris could bounce up in there and mess them up. The compressor is mounted farther towards the front under the cab. I had the horns mounted in the middle of the truck facing sideways but you could see them under it and it was ugly. I like a hidden and very clean look so the spare tire spot was the only place with enough room to not see it from the side.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I get a magazine called Farm Show and they always got something in there. I was going too post this before and never got around too it. Custom Horn Kits Fit Any Vehicle...www.hornblasters.com. Hornblasters, 719 Lee Street Wildwood, Fla. 34785 (ph 352-330-6256; fax 813-286-7789). Prices range from $199.95 to $2,379.95.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The video clip for RobKar's horn doesn't do it justice. That MF is loud as hell! If I remember, his compressor is in the bed and the horns are in the front, facing out.

·
Registered
578 Posts
TitanBlue said:
I could be wrong, but I'll offer up Galen as a train horn owner. PM him.
Your correct TB Galen does have a train horn. i know because I was riding with him on the way to the dyno at the Raleigh meet. He pulled up next to a explorer on the highway and let er rip scared the crap out of the old guy driving I thought he was going to wreck!

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
Helinut has them on his Chebby 2500 I think he said he got them from the Whitney catalog.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts