Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Recently Bought My 2005 Titan It Was A Very Good Buy. I Was However Out Of Stock Warranty. It Had 42k Miles. It's Alot But The Price Was Good. I Got An Extended Warranty And I Bought It At A Toyota Dealer But They Have A Connection With A Nissan Next Door. So I Took It In Because When Im Shifting From Park It Has A Really Loud Clunk And Also It Seems That The Motor Heat Shield Keeps Crackling. Also When I Go Ver Big Speed Bumps I Feel Like Some Thing Is Hitting It Might Be My Plastic Front Mud Guards. But The Tranny Is My Main Concern And The Nissan Dealer Said Because The Amount Of Torque It Has It Shifting It And Thats What Make The Noise. But I Dont Know Any One Esle Have This Problem. It Happens Even When Putting From Reverse To Drive. And I Know The Powertrain Is Still Under Warranty So I Dont Know If I Should Go To A Different Dealer Or What Is Abc Nissan In Phoenix Az

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The clunk is normal, just pause for a second in neutral when shifting between drive and reverse. That reduces some of the backlash tension.

Some crackling is normal too, and the front springs tend to bottom out easily.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
My previous Titan did it too. Some Titans have aluminum drive shafts, while others are steel. So, if you have an aluminum drive shaft, the noise will be more 'noticeable'. As I said, my previous Titan did it, and it NEVER caused an issue-never got worse, better, always the same. I just chalked it up to a quirk the truck had.

As for the big speed bumps, ask the dealer to check the bushings in the front end. Common for them to go bad and it'll sound, and feel, like something's bumping in the front end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts