Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When should I do it?

I have 30,900 miles and have owned the truck since May of 05. I have not towed anything or gone offroading just normal street/highway driving. I have read 30k is a good time but is it really needed?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I did the wife's car at 35k.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
30,000 50,000 60,000.......

If you're not abusing it....any of those!!

I did mine at 60,000, and you know how I run mine!!! :D

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
I did mine at 70K ... and you know I beat the schit out of mine .. :)

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
I did an entire flush at 45,000 it was nasty in there. better go ahead and play with your tranny while shes still decent

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
off-topic

do you guys know how much nissan charges for a differential fluid change?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Take your dipstick, wipe some fluid on a clean paper towel, and post a pic.....

Reactions: P's Titan

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Subscribed. Had the tranny lines leaking where the spring clamps were. I changed them to Ideal worm clamps last week and have been good. I never had a drop on the driveway but noticed it on the skid plate. After replacing the clamps just not sure if I'm getting an accurate reading on the transmission dip stick so just might drain and refill myself or see what the stealership charges. Also wanting to see how many quarts you get when you drain.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I think your a little past mileage for a drain and refill. I drain and refill mine every 20K. More often would be better since it doesn't change all of it. I did a little math and comparing in excel and doing a flush every 30K will keep the average miles on the fluid way down compared to a 20K interval, so I will be doing that next. But if you really want to do it the drain and refill takes about 4 quarts, and I have to let it drip for a while to get 4 quarts out...

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
180 bucks at the deal in and out in an hour. it's cheaper than a strip club but not as much fun.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
if your using the Nissan Matic S ( replaced Matic J ) then thats quite expensive.

I got a deal on mine but still was a shocker
Lol, I forgot about that. My first was with the Matic J, since then they have switched to Matic S. It sucks, but I would still rather do it. Witht he way I drive/drove my truck, I would rather put the fluid in then have to buy a new tranny. But it does suck that its so expensive now. I noticed better shifting with the first D/F, now the shifting has gone back to the way it was before the D/F, so I know I need to keep doing it. But my old fluid wasnt horrible looking

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Why not just have the dealer do a full flush?
I would rather not risk the Flush. I have heard from several people on these sites and other "car" people at work/track, that Flushes can be bad. Loosening all that sediment in the trans and it getting caught in the gears or whatever. One guy I especially trust actually laughed at me when I said something about, then laughing said "Yeah man, don't ever get a flush". I know people on here also that have done the flush and been fine, I guess it depends on your trans. Basically, I'm just too big of a **** to do it

1 - 20 of 40 Posts