Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has done there own tranny flush? I don't mean drain the pan and add 2-3 quarts, I mean the whole deal.

I believe i read somewhere awhile back on thread here of a guy pulling off the return line and starting it up, and flushing it out that way a quart or two at a time. Drain one, add one, drain one... etc, until the color is new or the quart count is 7-8 or whatever the tranny takes.

Was wondering if anyone has done it this way, and if you could give me some pointers.

As well, i don't tow a whole lot right now, but expect to be buying a travel trailer in the new year. So anything else i should do now while i'm at it? Do you highly recommend that i add a second tranny cooler? tranny temp gage? (i have non BT) The trailer i buy will be in the 6-7000 lb range.

·
Registered
779 Posts
kman said:
Who here has done there own tranny flush? I don't mean drain the pan and add 2-3 quarts, I mean the whole deal.

I believe i read somewhere awhile back on thread here of a guy pulling off the return line and starting it up, and flushing it out that way a quart or two at a time. Drain one, add one, drain one... etc, until the color is new or the quart count is 7-8 or whatever the tranny takes.

Was wondering if anyone has done it this way, and if you could give me some pointers.

As well, i don't tow a whole lot right now, but expect to be buying a travel trailer in the new year. So anything else i should do now while i'm at it? Do you highly recommend that i add a second tranny cooler? tranny temp gage? (i have non BT) The trailer i buy will be in the 6-7000 lb range.
There is a procedure in the Titan maintenance manual that describes the produce you are talking about. Maybe someone can post that for you. I never have much luck trying to post at clip of a PDF file. If you send me a PM with your email address I will email you the file for the trans service.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Forget that, I'll just let the dealer do it. I'd prolly end up getting fluid all over my garage floor/driveway.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for posting the info from the manual Baseball, and the offer to send Lear. The procedure looks to be pretty straight forward. Will let you all know how it goes!! Appreciate the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts