Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i would like to tell you that jared is awsome. OMG! he put a tranny map on mine for the pressure and even without anything done to the tranny internally it shifts so much quicker. it hesitates from a punch but wow

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
well i would like to tell you that jared is awsome. OMG! he put a tranny map on mine for the pressure and even without anything done to the tranny internally it shifts so much quicker. it hesitates from a punch but wow
We want specifics. :) Did you get it done at a Pro Tuner or through an e-tune? You're talking about the line pressure upgrade, right? It sounds like a promising mod but not if it sacrifices driveability. I'm concerned about the hesitation you mentioned...

Reactions: TitanBlue

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
This is at least the third time I've seen this bag of worms opened. I'd love to see the whole story!
Who can they do?
Should we get the Shift Kit too?
What do they need to know?
How can we monitor it in UpRev Cipher?
When is this being publicly released?
What is the benefit?
What is the danger?
How many Titans have this now?
How complicated to get done?
Cost to UpRev Osiris Tuner Edition peeps?

Reactions: gary748

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have to admit when I first saw this thread's subject line I thought "that's a really big mod and you're going to need a good doctor".

·
Premium Member
20,942 Posts
I have to admit when I first saw this thread's subject line I thought "that's a really big mod and you're going to need a good doctor".
Groan......

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well actually to answer all of your questions anyone can get it. I kinda have a piggyback version. I am using Chris's torque map and all they need is your tune you are currently using and as of now we currently don"t know what the risks are. the shifts are so much quicker. I have currently gotten this mod from a e tune. As for the hesitation, it does not mess with me driving normally, only if i get on it and it is only when i punch it. If i punch it the truck will hesitate for a second then shift and also it will happen if i let off. It will then stay stuck in 4th till i manually shift it over to 4 and back to OD. but wow do i love this already. Also when on curse control, going down a slight hill it was jumpie buy other than that it is wonderful. As of right now Jared said it is only me and Chris that have this through him. the only other person i know to have it is Corry (milenkoGT). for me it was no cost but I don't know what UPREV! is currently going to do. Call Jared and ask him. It would be better to have shift kit and probably the red eagle clutches, but i don't have either yet. I don't know if we can even monitor this yet. Ask me if you have any other questions...I will try to answer.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
????????????????????????? NEED THE WHOLE INFO DUDE!:redblob":redblob":redblob":redblob":redblob":redblob"

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As in what whole info?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
So basically the way I interpret this, there are 2 benefits... 1) Electronic Stall, gives us a delay to rev RPM's up higher before tranny engages??? 2) Tightens shift points without the need for a shift kit upgrade???
But, will the electronic stall actually cause long term damage to the tranny???

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no it is not an actual stall it just shifts slower

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well as of right now i have never rode or drove a titan with a shift kit so i know know. i do know that it should help me with my tranny problems. this is my 3rd tranny!!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
well as of right now i have never rode or drove a titan with a shift kit so i know know. i do know that it should help me with my tranny problems. this is my 3rd tranny!!!

It will either help or kill your tranny. The only time my tranny hesitated a long time before WOT down shifting was when it was dying.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i know chris couldnt keep a tranny till he got this

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Lemme see if i can shine some light on this topic, since now the only NA Titans that have this mod live within 5 miles of one another lol.

BTW, PAPARYNO...Sorry I have missed your calls bro! I will call you soon!:bangit:

I got the line pressure mod thru a pro tuner, at Relentless RPM, this is the same exact software update Jared at UPREV did to Toomnymods Turbo Titan to prevent the clutch packs from slipping under ''certain'' loads, such as partial throttle/crusing.

From my experience lately, is that even with my shift kit I noticed a big difference over shifts especially 2nd-3rd, which when manually shifting it lunges forward with a crisp quick-*** shift under light throttle, similar to the feeling of the shifting at WOT, just not as hard/abrupt. Also, I am NOT getting the hesitation that PAPARYNO is referring too, I'm not sure what that is... All I know is that my T runs like a bat outta hell now!

Its really difficult to explain how it feels, its like explaining sex I guess lol...

The shifts are firmer all around now and you have the comfort of knowing that you wont have to worry about burning up the stock trans even with medium-heavy mods such as full exhaust, cams, even nitrous. Granted it all depends on how you abuse the vehicle, The Titan was never intended to be a Racer...lets all remember that lol.

What ruins the Titan's transmission is that it was never designed to be treated to the kind of punishment that Forced induction offers,

Take the Stillen supercharger and why it creates so many trans failures for example... You guys who have a supercharger need to get the line pressure mod with a quickness! Reason being is that during partial throttle, which is where all of us spend most of our time at during city driving, the clutch packs can't handle the 400-500RWTQ at 2000-3000rpm. The RE5R05A trans is NOT designed to shift quickly under part throttle in stock form. The slower shifts create that nice smooth feeling, which in turn causes slipping and added heat, which kills the trans. By adding a shift kit and the line pressure mod, you have eliminated the slower shifts and added heat from slipping.

Think about it...the line pressure is increased by load, and when you go WOT the line pressure is at max psi, so no problem holding the clutch packs together and no slipping from heat. Now when you have all that torque around 2000-3000rpm(supercharged presumably), the computer is only sending the set psi of line pressure from the factory TCU settings which was intended for the titans stock HP/TQ rating, give or take 50-100rwtq/rwhp i'm assuming since there are a many variables that affect the transmissions reliability.

The line pressure mod is what it states, UPREV is not going to release any kind of update to the public that is detrimental to your vehicle.

I dunno really how else to explain how it works guys lol.

Plus its late, I'm tired.. and I probably repeated myself a few times etc....sorry...

To summarize all this, if you can get the ''Line Pressure Mod'' through an UPREV E-Tune then do so for sure! I wasn't able to because I was told by UPREV HQ that the Line pressure mod had to be done either by UPREV HQ or a Pro Tuner... So PAPARYNO, you are lucky! no doubt lol!

If anyone has questions, give UPREV a call or talk to Chris at Relentless RPM, he is the Uprev Pro Tuner there, the same guy who tuned my Titan.

Just all of you remember, the JATCO RE5R05A is stout in stock form(the titan can tow atleast if not over 10,000lbs with no probs on the trans in stock form)....BUT...:teeth: the Titan TCU/ECU was not designed to be punished by just about any kind of heavy mods or track abuse. Not to mention in something that weighs over 5000lbs...

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
PAPARYNO said he has the torque management from Chirs's Titan, smiler to the modified ETC tables i am running, this may be where the delay in shifts come in to play.

MilenkoGT, Are you running a modified ETC table or full WOT?

Uprev has No Way for us to monitor the TCM to see what is going on in the tranny, as we all know every Titan reacts differently to the same mods, Cipher needs to be upgaraded so the TCM can be monitored when it is modified to see if my Titan will act the same as MilenkoGT or have a delay as PAPARYNO's.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Subscribing............interested in this! I thought it was for 07&up.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
milenkogt said it best.. most of the added benefits of this is part throttle driving, it applies more pressure and does it faster than in stock form. wot driving to me feels the same as the ipt vb upgrade.. dont think they increased the pressures there but my trans was never blowing from not enough line pressure at wot, it kept getting blown from not engaging quick enuff and not enough line pressure with part throttle driving..

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
i'll be going back down to uprev in a month or so for some more tweaks to this calc load issue, would go now but fundage is low, paying 1,000 bucks of rent by ur self sucks *** without overtime,lol
i'll let you know maybe my issue i need fixed will help yours as well

1 - 20 of 69 Posts