Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Calling ALL Titan Owners and experts. I need some help diagnosing my tranny. Today while driving, I needed to slow down driving over a ice laden road without applying the brakes and my manual down shift button wasn't engaging. I turned the truck off and restarted it and nothing. What might be the problem? Mileage on the truck is about 63,XXX. Chime in anytime with solutions.:crying:

·
Registered
549 Posts
you restarted the truck and nothing what? kept doing it or it shifted fine?

4wd? lose traction?
your trans went into limp mode. could be for a number of reasons. losing traction is one of them, brakes locking up is another.
abs sensor failure. the cause of this symptom is hard to diag.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So it doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the transmission it self, but more with the manual mode switch. Theres some threads on here about how to fix it and if IIRC it's a pretty easy fix. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
The wires coming down to the shifter through the steering console get pinched and cut. There is a ''how to'' fix this thread somewhere, just do a search. pop of the co,umn covers and you will probably find the break, look for rubbed the wrong way wire wrap/loom.

Reactions: BULLTITAN

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm having the same problem at 59,ooo miles

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, I'll have some time this weekend to hopefullt to search for the problem. I will check out that link and see what I need to do to remedie the problem. Thanks again.:hi:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update to my dilemma, I pulled down the column cover and right away I saw the broken wire. It's broke about 1/2" from the plug. I then started the truck, put it in gear and touched the ends together and was able to down shift. Tomorrow, I'll try to disconnect the plug and attempt to splice it back together. Wow, it took six years and cold temperatures to break this wire that the retarded assembly line guy installed too short. :teeth:

·
Registered
433 Posts
:confused: Calling ALL Titan Owners and experts. I need some help diagnosing my tranny. Today while driving, I needed to slow down driving over a ice laden road without applying the brakes and my manual down shift button wasn't engaging. I turned the truck off and restarted it and nothing. What might be the problem? Mileage on the truck is about 63,XXX. Chime in anytime with solutions.:crying:

try vaseline rub shifter until its nice and greasy..............oh make sure you pull overon the right side of the road pullkey wait 5min !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Update to my dilemma, I pulled down the column cover and right away I saw the broken wire. It's broke about 1/2" from the plug. I then started the truck, put it in gear and touched the ends together and was able to down shift. Tomorrow, I'll try to disconnect the plug and attempt to splice it back together. Wow, it took six years and cold temperatures to break this wire that the retarded assembly line guy installed too short. :teeth:
BULLTITAN just got a chance to look at mine and same result as yours black wire broke how hard was it to fix? Any info would be great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
bad *** thread. Just got mine rewired.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
does this happens to newer titans or 2004 are in this mess too. since i havent had this issue yet and i have 135k in the truck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts