Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any parts to beef up a 2004 tranny? or another one that would work? im looking to supercharge but worried about problems later on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will the valve body upgrade save my tranny from explosion under the 450ft lbs the vortech supercharger claims? or just make it shift better, like a shift kit?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
450ryder said:
will the valve body upgrade save my tranny from explosion under the 450ft lbs the vortech supercharger claims? or just make it shift better, like a shift kit?
I think markislive had the VB upgrade, didn't help his tranny with his SC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
mark's case was a little bit more extreme than most though to be honest, if he was using the stock piggy back do you think he would have blown the tranny?

I gotta respect that he tried it though! Good guy too, he is who I got my new gears from!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
I'd add a secondary air cooler coming off the radiator return. The stock air cooler is 1/2the size of the radiator. Just goes to show how much heat is produced with just the normal operations Nissan saw in it's own testing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
bighitter said:
mark's case was a little bit more extreme than most though to be honest, if he was using the stock piggy back do you think he would have blown the tranny?

I gotta respect that he tried it though! Good guy too, he is who I got my new gears from!
FYI...a No Fear Stillen S/C Titan 4x4 CC Black blew his tranny in Houston 1 month ago. It limped into the dealer for warranty and the dealer refused and sent it to Dallas on trailer where it had been installed. It had the piggyback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,748 Posts
You could have the tranny's internals cryo treated for strength, and upgrade the trans cooler for longevity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
So an upgraded tranny cooler would still be a good idea huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
And thanks for the info RB I will have to keep that in mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,748 Posts
bighitter said:
So an upgraded tranny cooler would still be a good idea huh?
An upgraded tranny cooler is always a good idea. I've just been too lazy to do it myself!:teethmast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
Stillen sells a small one.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top