Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 3 hr highway drive in my '04 today. I tried to pass a car and everytime the RPM's hit 2500 the truck hesitated and dropped down below 2000. I barely made it by before getting into a head-on.

I tested it for the rest of the drive. No power. Can't push the truck past 2500 rpm without it dropping out. Lurching like the first day with a clutch.

Is this a problem that is known? The tranny was replaced by the P/O last August for what looks like a similar problem.........

Thanks,

Corey
2004 Titan Crew Cab

·
Registered
239 Posts
Doesn't the truck have a "Limp Home" feature that cuts power if there is a problem w/the engine. May not be a tranny problem at all???

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Blitz said:
I barely made it by before getting into a head-on.

Thanks,

Corey
2004 Titan Crew Cab
You got into a head on colision? Maybe thats the problem?

SES light on? we need more info. I would suspect your intake tube might be lose near the TB or something of that nature. What will happen is that your engine will be getting alot of air and it won't register properly since it would be bypassing the MAF. And your engine will bog. Don't ask me how I know :p

Cutting power to the engine does not mean your tranny is slipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, and the grammar correction, (usually my forte....)

After doing a bit more reading here and elsewhere, I think it may have been the "fail-safe" mode, but I have no idea what may have caused it unless the transmission temperature was to blame.

I haven't been able to replicate it. So far, it seems to be fine. Unfortunately, the front seal on my transfer case is puking ATF so until I get that fixed, I won't be going for any highway runs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts