Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about trans fluid for you pros on here. I am getting ready to pull a 4500lbs trailer 5000 miles from Alaska to Michigan in a couple of weeks. My titan has 34000 miles on the truck and the trans fluid has not yet been changed. I check the fluid and it smells fine, but it is no longer bright red it is starting to fade. I live in a small town in Ak and trans fluid choices are limited. I have found 5 quarts of Royal purple max ATF and 6 quarts of Valvoline MEC/Dex ATF fluid at the local auto parts store. I was thinking of doing a spill and fill because I can only get enough oil to that. Which oil would you fellas go with and will it be okay to just do a spill and fill with either of these oils?

·
Registered
989 Posts
As long as they meet Nissan Matic J specs (or Matic S if you have a newer truck), then pick whichever one you like better. I've been running Royal Purple ATF in my truck for the past 75,000 miles and no problems.

·
Registered
686 Posts
The spill and fill is a good idea, but mixing brands..... not so much in my opinion. If you still have two weeks just order some Genuine Nissan Matic-S online.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts