Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know any other way to try and show what exactly I'm seeing other than drawing it myself (quite badly)....took a picture but you can't see it since the fluid is almost clear.

My fluid level is above the little etched out area where I would assume it is supposed to be....but it's below where it says "hot" on the dipstick.....so which is it? Should it be in the etched area or around where it says "hot" at normal operating temperature?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't know any other way to try and show what exactly I'm seeing other than drawing it myself (quite badly)....took a picture but you can't see it since the fluid is almost clear.

My fluid level is above the little etched out area where I would assume it is supposed to be....but it's below where it says "hot" on the dipstick.....so which is it? Should it be in the etched area or around where it says "hot" at normal operating temperature?

The xxxxxx area is where it should read when hot. If you're above the xxxxxx area when hot it is overfilled.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks...after some intense Googling I found the same info, but it wasn't easy to find. Drained some out and should be good now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
are you measuring it when its hot? in park?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hot and in park with the motor running. Yep.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
on this particualr dispstick, "hot" means you read that side of the stick when the fluid is hot, or normal operating temp. on the other side of the stick it shoudl say 'cold', and those markings are used to check level when cold

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good info, don't know if I ever knew that.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I could be amaaaaazing!!! :ftard:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank's. I sure could have used that info two weeks ago, but I won't forget it now. My stick only says HOT on one side and nothing on the other, so that's what keep me confused.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I just checked my stick. It only says HOT on one side, and nothing on the other side as well. just remember, hash marks when hot, and between the two notches when cold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts