Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new here, scary reading all the diff problems everyone has. Just bought a 2005 LE CC with tow package. I noticed the transmission line to the radiator leaking and wondered if you guys bypass the radiator all together and just use the factory cooler. I've done this on my 05 Pathfinder because the original radiator would crack and leak coolant into the transmission fluid and toast the transmission.

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
Bypassing the radiator is fairly common for the Titan. If you have an aftermarket radiator there is less need to do that since they don't have a history of failing like the OEM radiator does.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I have an aftermarket radiator, should I be concerned about the radiator? Is it best to just bypass the radiator all together?

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
The OEM radiator has a plastic top and bottom. The line through the radiator helps bring the transmission fluid temperature up faster in cold weather.

I had an aftermarket cooler added to my system. It is in addition to the OEM cooler and the line through the radiator. However, my aftermarket cooler is the last item in the line before the fluid goes back into the transmission. So I might as well not have the line going through the radiator. This is my second winter with this configuration. I don't recall there being any issues last winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just bought 04 titan. I'd like to drive this awhile, it is leaking from tranny lines on radiator.my question is aftermarket radiators dont have the same issues. Or should I just eliminate the cooler in radiator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts