Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just FYI. I was looking under my truck and noticed fluid leaking from the transfer case. I took a look at the transfer case and one of the bolts was loose. There are three bolts in a circular layout each with an aluminum gasket. According to the shop manual these are retaining bolts...they are not the main case bolts. Anyways, one my bolts was loose and fluid was leaking out...a good amount from the coating on the underside of the truck.

It may be worthwhile to check on your transfer case...I was pretty surprised to find this.

Tom

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I had the same problem. I took my truck to the dealer and they told me its because I got a lift kit and it puts stress on the transfer case. (WTF) Anyways, if you got a lift, you should check it out and the warranty does not cover it if you got a lift kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've got a lift kit also...but that causing a retaining bolt to loosen sounds like BS. Actually, I was searching thru the archives and this has actually happened to quite a few people.

It sounds more like a QC issue with the final assembly of the t-case...i.e. using loctite.

Tom

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Thats what the dealer told me and I think its BS but what can I say?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd probably go to another dealer! It is pretty hypocritical for dealers to have brand new lifted (NO FEAR) trucks on their lot and play the 'lift kit caused the problem" card.

Anyways, I can't post links, but I found a thread with pictures of the same loose bolts...search 'transfer case leak'

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.