Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions before I purchase...

What are the differences from before and after?

How big of a difference is it from before? Worth it?

Is this the correct one? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRG-RE5R05A-HD2/

Do I need anything else to install it, or is everything in the kit?

Here's what I have performance wise...

- DT LT's. Berk b-pipes. Banks cat back. AEM brute force CAI. Uprev custom tuned. 4.10 gears and TT.

What else can I do after the shift kit?

I don't race. I'm pretty sure I've got most things covered unless I want to spend over a grand (which I don't want to).

Anything that will help my T "run better" (or cooler)? (besides the obvious, good oil, clean air filter, etc.).

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Dang man, I didnt know you had all that stuff on top of TT and the Banks. What suspension set up you have? Hey check out the thread in the SW forum, AZ guys, may 14, doin a meet to sheeps bridge.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang man, I didnt know you had all that stuff on top of TT and the Banks. What suspension set up you have? Hey check out the thread in the SW forum, AZ guys, may 14, doin a meet to sheeps bridge.
Right on I'll check it out!

And for suspension...

Up front I've got, PRG UCA's, CST 4" spindles and 2.5 extended length SAW's.

In the rear, C-30's, 1.5" block, PRG shackles and 2.0 Radflo's.

I need to work on a mod list and get some good pics up in the next month or so.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
WOW... Nice list of mods... The Transgo Kit comes complete with everything you need for the install, but DIY is not recommended unless you are mechanically inclined and patient... There is a DIY thread already, read it and see if you think you are up to the task... After you do the shift kit, I'd check with UpRev about doing the tranny pressure mod... then when you start itching for more performance and power, get JWT cams... ;)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW... Nice list of mods... The Transgo Kit comes complete with everything you need for the install, but DIY is not recommended unless you are mechanically inclined and patient... There is a DIY thread already, read it and see if you think you are up to the task... After you do the shift kit, I'd check with UpRev about doing the tranny pressure mod... then when you start itching for more performance and power, get JWT cams... ;)
Yeah I read that yesterday. It looked promising until the tranny pan came off lol. Don't wanna fcuk something up, especially with the tranny.

What's the tranny pressure mod with UpRev?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Transgo will firm up the shifts, and IMO make the tranny last a little longer. If longevity is a plus for you, look into an external tranny cooler, and a larger rear diff cover to add more fluid there as well.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Transgo will firm up the shifts, and IMO make the tranny last a little longer. If longevity is a plus for you, look into an external tranny cooler, and a larger rear diff cover to add more fluid there as well.
I've got a mag-hytec in the rear.

Can you link me to a good ext. tranny cooler? Also a larger tranny pan?

I wish mag had one for the Titan because their diff cover is awesome.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I think he meant the PML tranny pan... ;) definitely want that for increased fluid capacity and better cooling...

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Reactions: TiTAN-

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet thank you!

Where did you order yours from and how much?

Also what about a Relentless RPM catch can? On their site it's $126. I thought I read somewhere they were discontinued, I'm not sure?

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Here's all the info you need! Thank's to MilenkoGT for the awesome write-up! :)

For the catch can, i think they might give you a discount if you tell them your a TT member? Their still selling them as far as i know... I had a couple extra one's, but i sold them. I still have one of their Gen1 can's in my garage, but it makes a rattling noise when installed though. They had an extra check valve in the 1st run of catch can's, caused the rattling noise.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks bud! A few stupid questions left.

Will I need a re-tune after any of these mods?

- TransGo Shift Kit.
- Relentless Catch Can.
- Ext. Tranny Cooler.

Is PML the only tranny pan available for the T?

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Nope! You'll be good to go!!! :)

Yes, they are the only company that gives us love in that area, but it's like $300+!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Thanks bud! A few stupid questions left.

Will I need a re-tune after any of these mods?

- TransGo Shift Kit.
- Relentless Catch Can.
- Ext. Tranny Cooler.

Is PML the only tranny pan available for the T?
The only re-tune you would prob want to do is the "tranny mod" if anything... engine performance should be fine, just getting better shift points... Unfortunately, PML is the only current aftermarket tranny pan provider...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I see you can get the pan machined with for a temp sensor for like $45.

I decided to keep my BDGT so I can read all my temps without separate gauges.

The temp sensor is only if you were doing a separate gauge correct? In other words, the BDGT will still be able to tell me the temp without getting it machined?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I see you can get the pan machined with for a temp sensor for like $45.

I decided to keep my BDGT so I can read all my temps without separate gauges.

The temp sensor is only if you were doing a separate gauge correct? In other words, the BDGT will still be able to tell me the temp without getting it machined?
Correct! With all these mods your tranny should run cooler and last longer.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Transgo is most def worth it to me. However I installed mine myself, I have a thread about it. If u plan on saving money and doing it yourself check out my thread I can get the link later if u want. I didnt wanna spend 400 bucks for someone to install it so I took the challenge. Never even opened a tranny before... Yea I was scared.. So! Lol

Here it is http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit.../127934-finally-got-my-transgo-installed.html

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I'm still on the fence about the shift kit. I hear it can wear out parts much quicker. Plus it's obviously harder on the tranny and diff from the quick shifting. I don't race at all either. The only reason to get it would be for 'fun'.

The shift kit shipped is like $250 shipped, plus install of a few hundred at least I'm guessing? Let's say $300-$400. So when all said and done, around $600.

I don't have a problem modifying anything else. When it comes to more of the tranny and inside the engine stuff though, I'm a little hesitant considering a few hundred dollar mod could turn into thousands if one little thing goes wrong.

It may be nice and a good difference over stock. But is it worth the $600 for 'fun'. Especially after all my other mods. I wanna keep working on my sound system and customizing the interior. Still deciding.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts