Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my TransGo installed today. I drove away from the transmission shop easily and gradually got rougher and rougher, testing the waters a little bit. I noticed it felt like the transmission was slipping in 3rd gear a couple of times. So I made these videos of what its doing. They are horrible quality because I used my Iphone. I am taking it back tomorrow to show them, hopefully its just low on fluid. It never did it on the videos, but it also jumps back and forth between 2nd and 3rd every now and then like it cannot figure out which gear to stay in.

YouTube - Titan transgo slip 1
YouTube - Titan transgo slipping 2

·
Registered
924 Posts
Check and see if the wires are pinched by the transmission pan, and also check to see if there is enough fluid in the transmission.

Reactions: Pro4Jackster

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm back from the shop and everything works fine. I couldn't figure out what they did to fix it, but I saw him reread the instructions multiple times like a 1st grader sounding out the words. They pulled it all back apart and now its perfect. It no longer jars my teeth from 2-3, and no more slipping.

YouTube - Titan transgo fixed
YouTube - Titan transgo fixed 2

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also left the back window down for those who wanted to hear my quad magnaflow exhaust. I'll get some more videos after headers and berks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I also left the back window down for those who wanted to hear my quad magnaflow exhaust. I'll get some more videos after headers and berks.
How much did the tranny shop charge to install it? Isn't the kit like $250 ish? Also, I posted on here awhile ago about getting the Trans Go with having a lifted truck and it was criticized. What are your thoughts with having the Pro Comp stage 2 and having the trans go?

·
Registered
422 Posts
How much did the tranny shop charge to install it? Isn't the kit like $250 ish? Also, I posted on here awhile ago about getting the Trans Go with having a lifted truck and it was criticized. What are your thoughts with having the Pro Comp stage 2 and having the trans go?
I've had the Transgo kit installed on my lifted truck for a while now without any issues.

Why would be lifted matter? In my eyes, the shift kit is more of a durability mod vs. a performance mod.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
I've had the Transgo kit installed on my lifted truck for a while now without any issues.

Why would be lifted matter? In my eyes, the shift kit is more of a durability mod vs. a performance mod.
Unfortunately for me, my truck was the exception and the trans puked after only having it installed for a month or so.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I paid $350 for the install and about $220 for the kit. It was at Summit. At first I thought it was a big mistake. It shifted much harder than I expected. Now that they straightened it out, I don't see how it could harm anything. Shifts are not harsh at all, just quick and precise. I don't know if it is the right thing to do or not, but I did it, and I'll let everyone know if it gives me problems.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Just maybe if you tell them you are on a titan site and guys are asking because we do our own installs, they will reveal what error they found? It'd be nice to know.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Unfortunately for me, my truck was the exception and the trans puked after only having it installed for a month or so.
I guess I missed when this happened. Sorry to see that! Were you able to confirm definitively, that the TransGo caused the failure? If or if not, what happened?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Glad to hear you got everything fixed right. Yeah, your first video made me freak out when it shifted twice in to 3rd. LOL Could have been a pinched wire or something, that is a common mistake when installing the Transgo. It makes a big difference huh? Well worth it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great!?! The Transmission shop I went to was right across the street from Orielly. He said they used the Nissan J Fluid. Never mentioned the brand though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Great!?! The Transmission shop I went to was right across the street from Orielly. He said they used the Nissan J Fluid. Never mentioned the brand though.
I've been told that the normal Nissan Tranny fluid is fine by a couple of tranny shops...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Jackie, this "may" be a problem as "Matic-J" has been discontinued and replaced with "Matic-S." I'm almost positive it's the same stuff, but the "Matic-J" was made in Japan. The "Matic-S" doesn't say where it's made, but has TN listed as the distributer state.

Good to see it seems to be working fine and you like it. For peace of mind, I'd follow up with them and ask to verify the exact fluid they used...

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not to sure either way, I had just read the manual the day before, so I could be mixing it up in my head. But I will verify whats in there...I also have no problem changing out the fluid if there is something better. Is there anything you would recommend?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not to sure either way, I had just read the manual the day before, so I could be mixing it up in my head. But I will verify whats in there...I also have no problem changing out the fluid if there is something better. Is there anything you would recommend?
Personally I always use the Nissan stuff, but get it at a nice discount from my buddy at my local Nissan dealer. You can contact Big Bruno on MT and he'll hook you up. O-fivecc, Pinoytitan and Papa D were all major track junkies and only used the Nissan stuff. IMO, the trick is doing regular fill and spills to keep the fluid fresh.

I'm not sure how valid the Orielly's statement is but better safe than sorry. Others have used Amsoil and "Relentless RPM" is now using Mobil 1. I've heard that Castrol is the OEM manufacturer but who knows...

Oh, your truck sounds really good man!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...Oh, your truck sounds really good man!
Thanks man. I think we talked about adding resonators to the Nismo catback. Did you see the pics of what I did? The sound is night and day from Walker B's plus the Nismo. I really like the look and sound of it. My Berks and DTLTs are going on as soon as I get home. Hopefully Uprev will have my Header E-tune by then also. I should have a <6.0 sec 0-60 6" lifted Titan! Say that 5 times!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Thanks man. I think we talked about adding resonators to the Nismo catback. Did you see the pics of what I did? The sound is night and day from Walker B's plus the Nismo. I really like the look and sound of it. My Berks and DTLTs are going on as soon as I get home. Hopefully Uprev will have my Header E-tune by then also. I should have a <6.0 sec 0-60 6" lifted Titan! Say that 5 times!
We sure did! Just reviewed your thread on the new exhaust set up, looks like the shop did a nice job lining everything up and welding it together... The welds on my Nismo seem fine, so I'm going with 2 Vibrant 18" resonators to help get rid of some of the "crispy" exhaust sound after headers and HFC's. If that's not enough I may need to do a nice x-pipe...

Man, you'll have a really sweet set-up once Berk addresses the 4x4 B-pipe fitment issue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts