Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive had a few mods done so i got the uprev tune,, now im thinking about doing the transgo shift kit. if i do will i need to use one of my tunes after the install or it should be fine since the truck has already been tuned with uprev?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I'm waiting for Jared at Uprev to answer that exact question. When he gets back to me, if no one else has chimed in by then I'll let you know.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Quick question. Don't want to thread jack. My mechanic said I should upgrade the torque converter if I go with transgo, tis true?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I'm no expert, but from what I've seen MOST of the people running Transgo don't have upgraded TCs or VBs.
The shift kit seems to be everybody's first tran mod. I personally want to have my VB and TC upgraded, but am waiting until I can have the complete rebuild done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the local transmission guy wants 300 to install this, i was thinking of asking him down to 250 but if he doesnt is 300 ripping me off pretty bad?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I asked uprev about the Transgo, and Jared didn't say anything about it or indicate in my base tune that adjustments for it were required.

$300 is not bad based on what I've been quoted by other people, but $250 would definitely be better lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts