Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ALL,

New to the forum and looking forward to your insights. While doing some towing of a camper (26 ft & about 7000lbs) I noticed while climbing some long hills that my tranny gauge went up to but did not pass the 'white line'. I was in 4 (not D) and dropped it into 3 which seemed to bring it down to about mid way. This happened a couple of times both to and from. Simple question....is my tranny ok? I looked in the manual and it states that from the 'C' to the 'white line' of the gauge is considered 'normal'. However, I thought I would check with the experts....you guys! :) Thanks much....

·
Registered
362 Posts
I wouldn't even worry about a quick shot or two above the white line. I go there a couple times a year climbing a steep mountain in PA, and after 5 years and 65,000 miles, analysis of my used ATF was excellent. It is posted here on TT somewhere.

edit; found it in the towing section in the thread titled "Is the J matic fluid synthetic?"

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,376 Posts
It's OK to drop down a gear and let the engine rev. The VK56 loves to rev!

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Thats normal and good job on dropping it down a gear !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks much to each of you for your response!!! Thought I was 'ok' but just wanted to be sure. Love my Titan and looking forward to being part of this great forum!!! Thanks again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts