Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there have been a lot of threads about the tranny mount and the PRG poly mounts. I've been through them all looking for a solution to my 2nd torn mount. I found a solution other than the PRG vibrator. Nissan uses a completely different design when it comes to the 2005 frontier mount. The frontiers mount is a much better design and is much beefier. I dont know if Nissan was trying to reduce vibrations with the titan mount or what. Anyway I replaced mine with the Frontier mount last night and boy what a difference!! It feels like a new truck. No clunking tighter braking. And most importantly no drive train slop. Just thought I would pass on the good news.

Part Number: EM-9520

Attachments

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Any vibration?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Good find! :thumbsup:

Keep us updated after you run it for a little while.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, very interested to know how it does for the long haul

·
Registered
422 Posts
Subscribed in case I need to do this in the future.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Subscribed....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Subscribed. I'd really like to know if there was an Engineering reason or just a matter of supplier chain/logistics as to why the Frontier could possibly have ended up with a stronger transmission mount vs. the T. While I like the Frontiers 4.0 VQ, the VK56DE makes alot more power and thus more shock is delivered to the drive-train vs the VQ's power delivery. Outstanding find.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Been meaning to crawl under the truck after work to check my mount. Fairly certain it's bad. If so I will be ordering one of these.

·
Registered
54 Posts
installed the frontier transmission mount, i did get it off of amazon, its the eagle brand and some of the threads were flattened but the file fixed that. no more clunk going from park to rev to drive .:big_grin:
the cross member was a pain, but to be expected on a 177,000 mile truck.
Initial thoughts, It is a lot beefier than the stock mount and being rectangular instead of round like the oe titan mount the new mount should last longer but we"ll see after about 10 to 20K how it holds up.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 87 Posts