Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas what this noise could be? I hear this when the truck is cold at idle and then after it warms I can rev her up to about 1500RPM and hear what's in the video.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Flex plate/torque converter bolts are loose.
Don't drive it.
Fix it first.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Transmission fluid is good and is full. Thanks for the suggestion on the loose bolts. I'll check those. Can you get to them from under the truck very easily?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Transmission fluid is good and is full. Thanks for the suggestion on the loose bolts. I'll check those. Can you get to them from under the truck very easily?
Yes.
Expect them to be hammered.
They are probably behind a cover.
You will have to be able to turn the engine through a crank rotation cycle.
This is easy unless you are a guy who doesn't know which end of a wrench to hold. If you are that guy seek professional help.

What I posted is my suspicion based on your video and years of experience. Check that first but beware that this could get ugly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again. I can turn a wrench pretty good but getting to this in my garage would not be easy with what I have available. I've got a good transmission shop that I'll get it to next week. Until then she'll have to stay out in my driveway. Thanks again a d Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I finally got my Titan to the shop today and it turns out it was a bad transmission mount that was causing the motor to sag down and thus the header to sag which was pulling the joint apart at the bottom where the bpipe bolts on. Now she is all fixed and no exhaust leaks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Gotta love that! Went from a $3 - $5k problem to a cheap fix..... Hope I have problems like that....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts