Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a new to us 2011 Nissan Titan had warranty on it well the cooler hose exploded on us when driving home then the truck would not move at all! The RPMS just revved really high so we coasted not even a 1/4 mile called the tow truck got it to the dealership. They did a complete flush changed tranny fluid and screen. Well paid 500 bucks and the truck is still having a hard time catching into the higher gears. Were financing the truck and after all my *****ing all they will do is put a used tranny with 12 month warranty for 2k. THE WARRANTY WILL NOT COVER ANYTHING. They said because the hose blew up that voided the entire warranty. Now hibs decided to check it oit again and let it warm up the damn tranny fluid is an inch above the last marker. Its super full. He let it sit longer just too see if anything changes well nothing did still full.

Were still making the payments and havent been able to use the truck until we come up with the cash. Hard times fell at the exact time this happened.

Question is do we really need another tranny? Or is there anything else that can be done?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Based on my experience, you need a new tranny. If the warranty is the Nissan factory (60k powertrain) warranty, it covered my trans. Argue with the dealership and get the Nissan factory rep involved.

If it's aftermarket warranty, you're probably hosed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No warranty :( We got the truck with 80k miles on it. The "service engine soon" came pn yesterday when hubs eas fidgeting with it. Ran the code and it says "Turbine speed sensor no signal"

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
Clutches are likely destroyed. The transmissions in these trucks are awesome but can't live through sudden loss of fluid like any automatic transmission. The hoses and the radiator are common causes for the transmission failures so I recommend double and triple clamping the rubber to hard line connections, bypassing the radiator and put a external tranny cooler on its and getting a Level 10 transmission. This is not cheap but the only transmission I would put in my truck. Sorry for your issues and hope you get back on the road soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts