Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for the transmission oil cooler hose replacement today. I replaced all six of the rubber hoses with Dayco transmission oil cooler hose, part number 80383.

I removed the front grill as per bills1974's suggestion to get at the two lines that run in front of the radiator on the passenger side. These two lines are still very tough to get at even with the grill removed. Even harder is trying to get the new hose on the steel pipes in this location. There is very little room for your fingers/hands, took a while but I finally got those two replaced. The 5/16 hose is a very tight fit over the steel sections of cooler lines, I'm wondering if 3/8 hose would work. I didn't have any 3/8 hose on hand or I would have tried it, would have made the job a little easier, especially the two hoses in front of the radiator that I had a hard time with.

The other four hoses are a piece of cake. I started at the bottom and worked my way up letting each hose drain completely before installing the new hose. I got a total of 2.5 quarts out of the cooler line hoses which was awesome because I was doing a spill and fill transmission oil change at the same time. Coupled with the four to five quarts from the transmission drain, I figure I got half of the old oil out at least, probably more.

Here is a picture of the troublesome hoses removed.

End result? One less known problem to worry about!

Next up will be a change out of the rear shackles to the new version, maybe this weekend or next!

Reactions: NorCal 4x4

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I'll be doing this right away. Found that the bottom rear one was leaking, when I removed the skid plate, so I could take off the sway bar. Good info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts