Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently sold my 19' Carolina skiff and upgraded to a 23' Sea Hunt. Im guessing the new boat is around maybe 5k lbs or so. I have noticed while towing this heavier boat that my truck is holding 3rd gear a REEAALLLLL long time. It seems like i almost have to completely let off the gas for it to finally shift into 4th. It seems to do the same either in tow mode or not. I have noticed that when it is holding third gear i can manually shift down to 3rd then right back to 4th and the transmission goes ahead and shifts into 4th. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?????

Bonus question#1 Does anyone know if there is maybe a reflash or reset for the transmission?

Bonus Question#2 For those of you with tow mode, Can you actually notice a difference between shifts when your trucks are in tow mode???, I don't feel like i notice any difference when mine is in tow mode so now I'm wandering if there is a bad connection or something on the tow button.

Thanks for any helpful info you guys can provide me with.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
hey Rick, I can feel a difference in the shift/gear length when the tow button is depressed. it will rev higher, hold longer between shift points.

I`m pretty sure the dealer has to program the trans control unit.

I can`t say if it is normal or not on your truck, as mine seems to operate like it should holding a gear longer based on throttle input, load and speed...

and Good Luck with the Boat! SeaHunt`s are awesome, we love or little 172...

see you on the water.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey Rick, I can feel a difference in the shift/gear length when the tow button is depressed. it will rev higher, hold longer between shift points.

I`m pretty sure the dealer has to program the trans control unit.

I can`t say if it is normal or not on your truck, as mine seems to operate like it should holding a gear longer based on throttle input, load and speed...

and Good Luck with the Boat! SeaHunt`s are awesome, we love or little 172...

see you on the water.:cheers:
I feel like mine is holding 3rd way tooo long. And it seems to do the same regardless of being in tow mode or not. Also if you ever get down around cape lookout or Morehead area give me a shout.

·
Premium Member
20,942 Posts
I've seen the extended gear holding when I top a pass in the mountains. Come on! Shift already!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Mine does it going up a long hill near my house with nothing in tow....it only seems to hold longer if I pour a little extra juice to it. Often times it'll hold 4th as well.
It makes decisions based on calculated load, throttle position, and acceleration....sometimes those decisions make you wonder.

I'm also convinced that different years are programmed differently. I didn't see what year yours was until after I typed the first part of this post. Somehow I figured it would be an '07.

Reactions: Pale Rider
1 - 6 of 6 Posts