Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2wd 2005 Titan SE that needs a transmission. I want to get a salvaged unit but I do not know how to determine which trans to get. I have bucket seats so the shifter is in the floor but the Car-Parts.com asks if it has LSD or Non locking. How do I determine what it is. Nissan quoted me 3100 for the trans but would not tell me which trans it is. I dont want to order the wrong one. Also, does anybody know if I do buy a salvage trans can I just install, flush and drive or will a professional have to do adjustments before it can be started/driven. I was told by 2 trans shops that I cannot drop the trans and take it to be rebuilt because of pressure settings that will blow the tranny if not set properly before starting. Sorry, I have never done this before and it is a new truck to me. Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If you have a locking diff, you will have a button on the dash to lock the diff. No Titan has a LSD from the factory. I know that there are in fact line pressure adjustments that are computer controlled because Uprev has software to do that. I dunno exactly how that works, I think the TCU is inside the tranny. Level 10 and IPT will ship rebuilt trannys, you might call them and ask how the pressure settings work. There are various posts on the net b-i-t-c-hing about both Level 10 and IPT, so caveat emptor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No button but every site I go on for used tranny asks if its Limited Slip and or non locking and they have both trans in stock. So I wonder if it is the non locking that I need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts