Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My transmission shifted to neutral while driving down the freeway at 70 mph. The engineer says it was debris in a pressure switch. The dealership flushed the transmission and returned the vehicle to me - that is all. Codes P1774 and P1730 were stored in the computer. There was only 300 miles on the odometer. Not good!

·
Registered
5 Posts
similar problem

I pulled out of a parking lot and stomped on the gass to accelerate. The engine reved like it was in neutral and the RPM's shot up significantly but the car didnt move, like it was in neutral. I got off the gas and accelerated again and had no problem. Also, I've noticed that if the steering wheel gear selector may indicate the truck is in drive, but when i press the gas its still in neutral. I have to be sure it really clicks into place. Only 3000 miles. I'm afraid this transmission will me an issue. got plenty of time to make them replace it so not worried yet but still shoudn;t be screwing up already

·
Registered
174 Posts
McTitan said:
My transmission shifted to neutral while driving down the freeway at 70 mph. The engineer says it was debris in a pressure switch. The dealership flushed the transmission and returned the vehicle to me - that is all. Codes P1774 and P1730 were stored in the computer. There was only 300 miles on the odometer. Not good!

Do you have bench seats or the buckets?

·
Registered
497 Posts
glad everyones ok, hope they fixed it once and for good.

·
Registered
429 Posts
McTitan said:
Do you have the column or gated shifter?

·
Registered
429 Posts
McTitan said:
I have the gated shifter...
Thanks McTitan I have the gated shifter as well. I heard several in the forum having this problem but I think it was with the column shift. Anyway that really sucks , flushing the trans removed the debris from the switch?And now everything seems O.K. ? Stay Safe!

·
Registered
27 Posts
My truck has 2300 miles now and it is still hesitating off the start when the engine is cold. I come to crawl and then accelerate and all I get is RPMs for a second then it kicks into gear. This is becoming very annoying! It doesn't happen every time. So, I never know when it is going to happen. Which means pulling out into traffic could be dangerous. An earlier poster mentioned this. Is it still doing it? Seems to get better once it is warmed up, but will still do it occasionally even when warm.

Anyone heard of this problem?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts