Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, When I first start the motor, and put it in drive, it works fine, it shifts from low to drive, until you stop, and when I take off again, it's still in high gear, 3rd or 4th. If you turn the key off and turn it back on it resets something because it will go back into drive and work perfectly through the gears, until you stop and then it stays in 3rd or 4th gear. Any ideas what I'm dealing with? Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
My truck is kinda doing the same thing.But sometimes it works fine.Or it wont shift into 5th on the freeway so i'm doing like almost 3000 rpms at 75 mph
your transmission is about to fail. 4500. for a new one. Seems that the cooler tube cracks inside the transmission causing failure. Nissan won't do a thing for you and try finding a rebuilt one. You have a better chance of seeing bigfoot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
A long time ago I had a car that wouldn't come out of gear when stopping. That ended up being a sticky torque converter but as far as starting in 3-4 after stopping, you better have somebody drop your trans ASAP and hope that keeps you from needing a new one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please, everybody suffering from transmission problems go to the National Highway Transportation Safety Agency website and file a complaint. The more they get, the better chance of a recall on these DEFECTIVE transmissions

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
How many miles are on it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts