Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few things that I've installed that seem to have helped make an older base model S like a new truck. First was a new Pioneer radio with backup camera. Second was Curt electric brake for towing ( nice it looks like an existing knob). Third was Firestone Ride-Rite air bag suspension - this really has been a great addition after previously loading up 1 yard of clam shells and almost bottomed the bed. With air-bags bed stayed almost to factory level and driving was vastly easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Titan XE King Cab 4x4 / 5.6L V8
1 Posts
I'm a little jealous of the in-dash navigation/stereo/camera setup, and even found one on Amazon for SUPER cheap, this no-name brand thing here. I'm just doubtful it will fit in my 2004 Titan XE, and I'm really unsure about trying to replace what it came with, since it has the Rockford Fosgate sound system with the subwoofer under the drivers seat and all.

I'm mechanically apt, but I will admit right out of the gate I don't know car audio at all and have no business trying to rip out and replace the stock system. I feel like the way my dash is all set up, it wasn't even designed to be replaced.

• Did you lose use of your steering wheel controls for volume/channel and such?
  • What system did you replace? Mine's an 04 with Rockford Fosgate I'm guessing "premium" sound since it has a subwoofer.
  • Were there a lot of extra adapters you had to purchase, in order to maintain said compatibility with steering wheel controls and such?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a little jealous of the in-dash navigation/stereo/camera setup, and even found one on Amazon for SUPER cheap, this no-name brand thing here. I'm just doubtful it will fit in my 2004 Titan XE, and I'm really unsure about trying to replace what it came with, since it has the Rockford Fosgate sound system with the subwoofer under the drivers seat and all.

I'm mechanically apt, but I will admit right out of the gate I don't know car audio at all and have no business trying to rip out and replace the stock system. I feel like the way my dash is all set up, it wasn't even designed to be replaced.

• Did you lose use of your steering wheel controls for volume/channel and such?
  • What system did you replace? Mine's an 04 with Rockford Fosgate I'm guessing "premium" sound since it has a subwoofer.
  • Were there a lot of extra adapters you had to purchase, in order to maintain said compatibility with steering wheel controls and such?
Hi, The install was less complicated than I thought it would be after finding radio that would replace the old one ( removed bezel). I bought a Pioneer AVH-2300NEX and a backup camera online. I went to Best Buy and got info on what was needed; not much (see circled parts on attachment). Some I ordered from Best Buy and others online. No existing dash or steering controls were impacted - it was almost plug and play. If your radio has an opening of 8"diagonal a big radio should fit otherwise Metra has parts that might fit. Backup camera has been great addition and likewise easy.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts