Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mother in law had my truck and said it just died on her so we got it back home and when I try to start it, it tries and tries but will never turn over .....I tried changing the ecm relay ( which was on a previous forum I read earlier ...please help????

·
Registered
899 Posts
I am experiencing pretty much the same issue. It cranks and even starts then dies as soon as you give it gas. I bought a new IPDM. It didn't fix it. I checked my battery it was good. Scanned for codes nothing. I would start with having the battery tested.These trucks are crazy when the batteries go. I am waiting on a fuel pump now. Hopefully it fixes my issue.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
my mother in law had my truck and said it just died on her so we got it back home and when I try to start it, it tries and tries but will never turn over .....I tried changing the ecm relay ( which was on a previous forum I read earlier ...please help????
Did she run it out of gas? It happens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
And the battery is good? Does is crank like normal but just not start or does it sound like it's struggling to turn over?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
battery is good ...gas was my next thing that just clicked cause i looked at my dash info and says 84 miles to empty but the previous owner said his gauge was off due to ecm relay which i changed that and the whole board....still nothing ..im going to try gas wish me luck keep throwing ideas thanks....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ya deffinently try to put some gas, the only other thing coming to mind right now is do you have an aftermarket remote starter? I have seen poor installs short out and do all sorts or crazy things. Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still nothing it may have been drained cause 5 gallons still says 82 miles to empty and no its stock remote

·
Registered
30 Posts
And it still won't start after 5gal of gas? Even if it totally ran out of gas, it should only take a bit longer than normal to fire up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts