Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rubber trim located at the bottom of my front window is pealing off from the center out. Has anyone experience this, if so how do you fix it?
When I push the trim back into place it just pops out again. Automotive exterior Vehicle door Vehicle Auto part Trunk

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Remove your cowl (paint it with plasti-dip or bedliner while you have it off) then slip the trim back on before you reinstall it. You may not be able to just push it back down with it the way it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im following i just got a titan and mine just flew off in a carwash
I had the same problem, and what seemed like an easy part to find was not. It's called a Cowl Top Panel Seal, and after getting the wrong parts from Nissan, I found several options on ebay for "under panel front windshield trim".
This product worked perfectly:
I also recommend buying a roll of 3M exterior trim tape, as a few tabs placed under the seal behind the front edges will keep it down tight on aging cowl panels:
In many cases, it's a broken or missing cowl clip that allows the cowl to lift up and the seal to come out. You can replace them easily with these:

Nissan will sell you two different cowl seals (top and bottom) that are not correct, they are actually to seal the top panel to the bottom panel (around edges and vents)... expensive mistake as they do not take returns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts