Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

My buddy and I drove out to Moab earlier this month from Ohio. We met my parents out there who brought my son out. This was mainly an ATV trip, but I will throw some pictures up anyways. I did not get many pics of the Titan because we did not wheel it much.

Left early on Thursday and ran in to a traffic jam in Indiana, 40 miles from the house. Sat for an hour.

Our luck did not get much better. We blew a trailer tire in downtown Denver on I-70. Nothing like changing a tire in the median, while trucks blow by 3 feet behind you.

It got better though when we pulled in to Canyonlands Campground on the evening of day 2. We set up, and headed up to Moab Rim.

Just past Devil's Crack. Kind of interesting on an ATV. We pushed mine up, then winched my buddies up.

The Z-turn was interesting, but we were able to ride up it without issue.

More to come.

Thanks,

Zack

Reactions: RollinPresidential

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Moab Rim - View from the top.

Me at the top.

General Scenery

On top of the slickrock dome.

Sand Hill fail. I was able to make it in my 650, but the sand bogged down my buddies 500. Winched it up from here.

The machines.

Day - 3 = Helldorado on ATV's. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We then rode the "Behind the Rocks" trail. This trail has some pretty good obstacles. One is called High Dive, and one is called Upchuck. They are both pretty nasty.

I have to laugh a little. My buddy thought he was bad ***, and he went down High Dive unassisted, against my recommendation. He ended up needing help.

It was at this point where panic set in. He jumped off the ATV, and we nursed it down together. He pretty much had to change his boxers.

We then got him up Upchuck with a little tow strap help. Then decided to winch me up. I was going up a small line to the left of the giant crack in the middle, and was all the way up. My buddy stated "you can drive it out now" so I started going and my right rear started falling into the crack. So I gassed it hard, and literally pulled out of it on my right rear tire. Landed the front right tires, and pushed myself off of the ground with my right foot, back on all fours. It was funny at the time, but the more I think about it, I was really lucky....

More to come when I get some time.

Upcoming trails: Cliffhanger, Hells, Fins, PSM, GS, GBR, and Metal Masher.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The next day we did Cliffhanger.

We had lots of fun on the previous trails, but they did not seem like anything compared to Cliffhanger. It seemed like there were more obstacles (at least obstacles that are a pain on ATV's) per mile on CH than any other trail I have done. We were absolutely beat when we finished.

Shelf road

Break time just before the cliff obstacle.

ATV's at the top

Jason facebooking from the top.

Scenery

Straight down

We got up the cliff obstacle by extending a winch line out a bit, and having the other person hang on to it to keep the front end down.
Jason checking out the wrong line :)

Now he has the idea

He is a big dumb animal folks.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next up is Hells Revenge.

I drove my truck on it, and my dad rode my ATV. I just recently added some Radflo coilovers, and removed my front sway bar, and this was my first off road experience with the new set up. It improved the off road ride a ton!

Followed a tour for a bit
Going up backwards.

Dad hitting the climbs

At the overlook

Jason sizing up Hells Gate. He decided against it.

At the exit the wind kicked up pretty bad, and the sand was blowing. Pretty intense but I got the windows up in time. The ATVs were not as lucky.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next up is Poison Spider/Golden Spike/Gold Bar.

What a day. Fun ledges on all three trails. I have done the waterfall on PSM before but this was the first time I did the Wedgie/V-Notch (whatever.) Golden Spike was a blast. There were a couple of ledges that required some work to get over, but not as bad as Cliffhanger. Jason did not carry enough speed up the Launch Pad, and almost flipped backwards. I almost stood it straight up on the Slide Rock on GBR. What a fun day, we logged almost 25 miles that day.
Launch Pad

Just before almost tipping over. I put the camera down just in time to catch his front end.

Top of Skyline Drive

Scenery

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More Golden Spike

Found this blooming Prickly Pear

Ledge

More ledges

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More Golden Spike/GBR

Golden Crack

Lunch at GS/GBR intersection.

Logan approves of this trip report.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last day was Metal Masher. We were beat by this time, so I did not take many pictures. Winched up Widowmaker, which was pretty fun.
Scenery

Straight down to Gemini Bridges Road

Logan patiently waiting above Widowmaker.

I have always seen videos of Widowmaker, but you can not fathom how big it is until you are there.

That is it for the pictures. Many more videos to come though.

Thanks,

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have many long drawn out ATV videos from my GoPro camera. They are somewhat dizzying to watch. Enjoy!

Heading down Moab Rim

We followed these guys on an extreme trail called "Helldorado" There was a 15' high waterfall that we had to winch up. You can see me winching up at the very end of this 15 minute video.
YouTube - ‪Rock Junkies 4X4 Moab 2011‬‏

Here is the same place, taken from my perspective on my GoPro

More from Helldorado

Goofing off in the sand. I am first on the Kawasaki, my buddy goes next on his Polaris.

Cliffhanger and Hells Revenge

Poison Spider Mesa, and Golden Spike

Winching up the "Widowmaker" on the Metal Masher trail

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Awesome! Thank you for sharing that with us. Looks like you had a helluva good time. How long was the drive out there from Ohio?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome! Thank you for sharing that with us. Looks like you had a helluva good time. How long was the drive out there from Ohio?
The total drive time is about 24-25 hours. But we kinda loafed around a bit. We stopped in Kansas City and attempted to get some good KC bbq on the first day so that added some time.

We left Ohio at about 7AM in the morning, stopped in Goodland Kansas about 1AM (local time) that night. Got up at 5:30 and got back on the road, pulled in to Moab about 4:30 that next afternoon.

It was a blast!!

Thanks,

Zack

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, just to make it an official Titan post....

On Hell's Revenge trail

The load

At the house, ready to leave.

Reactions: ostaF

·
Registered
795 Posts
great pics and videos, thanks for sharing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts