Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help…Last week I received my aFe stage II and Banks Monster for my 08 Titan. It was late so I installed the CAI that night. Drove to work next day, no problems (10 miles). After work on the second day I installed the Banks. I drove about 30 miles round trip on the test drive. Towards the end of the drive, the SES came on. The next day, I reset the ECU and after a trip to work SES come back on. I get codes R0172 (system to rich bank 1) and R0175 (system to rich bank2). Followed service manual best I could with limited time. Doesn’t seem to be any leaks. What else should I look for? Also, don’t have a scanner. I enquired about the UpRev and this is the response “We can’t support 08 Titans yet. Nissan changed the ECU architecture for 08, so we have to reverse engineer it all over again”. Crap, that’s out for now! So I need an interim scanner, any recommendations on that too?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
send back the afe.. it's junk just like the s&b they have ses lights cause thier tubes and the mass air flow sensor isnt in right location or sealed properly..

ur not the only one having problems with it, imo get aem or the volant.. 90% the people here use either of those 2 with no problems

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Toomnymods said:
send back the afe.. it's junk just like the s&b they have ses lights cause thier tubes and the mass air flow sensor isnt in right location or sealed properly..

ur not the only one having problems with it, imo get aem or the volant.. 90% the people here use either of those 2 with no problems
I resent that!!

I only got one code, but atleast they have great customer service and they fixed it! Now, my truck is rocking with the new 3rd gen tube!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Warp09 said:
I resent that!!

I only got one code, but atleast they have great customer service and they fixed it! Now, my truck is rocking with the new 3rd gen tube!

Well, I've been running the Volant since May 04' and I have yet to get any codes. I do believe that the old sayin' "you get what you pay for" rings true here.

Take off the AFE and replace the stock box to illeviate your SES issues. If you do feel like dabbling with a CAI in the future, look towards either the Volant, AEM/ Framboost, Injen, Airaid or K&N. They are all so close performance wise that it would behoove you to choose the intake that causes the least amount of problems and the aforementioned should foot the bill.

BTW, there should never be any reason for a CAI manufacturer to have to mold several different tubes to suit their customers demands(read; S&B). They should work off of the stock design and try to mimick the OEM MAF demands to keep our trucks running the way Nissan intended, minus the restrictions inherent with the OEM comprimises.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toomnymods said:

I found some old threads and appears you're right. afe tech said he hasn't heard of SES caused from their cold intake....lol

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have the K&N with the Banks, It has been on the truck since 05 with no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts