Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I bought my truck I have alway had trouble getting the top of the air filter housing to seat properly I could never get the 3 tabs in the back to fit, just the other day I shaved the rubber edge and got the housing to seat the whole way. would getting it to properly fit make my gas mileage go up? Mine has gone up since then and was wondering if that was the reason.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I doubt getting it to fit would improve the gas mileage. For what its worth my box was the same with the original and K&N filter. The only way i ever got that center tab to slide in was to force it down into the hole while the other two outside ones were already in place.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've always had to wrestle mine a bit, some gentle persuasion, haha.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I doubt it would help with gas millage, maybe you are favoring the gas pedal in hopes for better millage ? I know I did when I installed a Tonneau cover and K&N filter :) :) I got better millage until I realized how slow I was going LOL !!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Always been a struggle for me as well. Also the first time I did it, I pinched the tubing for the windshield wiper fluid in it. So I got POd for no reason thinking it was the dealer since i had it in the day before. But I figured it out ahead of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts