Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, instead of spending $400 for a Nissan tool box or something similar, I decided to try something with a lockable storage box. I picked up the box for $49 at Lowes, a pair of master locks for $13 and some bolts and washers to make it work for about $2.

I did not take pictures as I went, but it was very easy and you can see the final results below.

I put two attachment points in the box (on the inside of course so it can't be removed without opening it), and the dimensions of the box worked out so the attachment points are in the center of the box and it can be used on either bottom rail or removed altogether.

Here are the pics.

Outside looking at the rail...

Inside the box, there is one on each end...

Outside view, its 37 inches long, and 20 wide so its pretty big.

View of the lock and front. The box also has tabs for external locks on each side...

So far so good, no rain yet, so I may have to do some sealing if there are any leaks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
nice job! thats look good, you could probably do another one one the other side, saved a fortune compared to the factory tool box.

·
Registered
250 Posts
that thing is freakin sweet looks very nice in there it is amazing what you can do for not a lot of money

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
jaho1979 said:
Well, instead of spending $400 for a Nissan tool box or something similar, I decided to try something with a lockable storage box. I picked up the box for $49 at Lowes, a pair of master locks for $13 and some bolts and washers to make it work for about $2.

I did not take pictures as I went, but it was very easy and you can see the final results below.

I put two attachment points in the box (on the inside of course so it can't be removed without opening it), and the dimensions of the box worked out so the attachment points are in the center of the box and it can be used on either bottom rail or removed altogether.

Here are the pics.

Outside looking at the rail...

Inside the box, there is one on each end...

Outside view, its 37 inches long, and 20 wide so its pretty big.

View of the lock and front. The box also has tabs for external locks on each side...

So far so good, no rain yet, so I may have to do some sealing if there are any leaks.
Sweeeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!

Might think about getting another cooler...Never know when you might need one to keep your beverages cold !!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
redneckpapa1996 said:
Sweeeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!

Might think about getting another cooler...Never know when you might need one to keep your beverages cold !!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Haha, a man can never have enough coolers IMO...different occasions call for different sizes!!!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
hey looks good, and looks even better cause you saved over $300 :banasex0r i dunno that i would ever use anything like that in my truck, but i wanna put one in the bed anyway just cause i like it so much....

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey looks good, and looks even better cause you saved over $300 :banasex0r i dunno that i would ever use anything like that in my truck, but i wanna put one in the bed anyway just cause i like it so much....
agreed. looks handy enough just to give it a whirl.
I'm all about saying "yeah, i built that" these days :clap:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Cool. I would go to home d and get some unistrut bolts and spring nuts with a larger bolt. Remove the springs from the nuts and flip into the track-- teeth upward so it bites in... :)

Sent from my mATRIX 4G running Apple Fritter OS v7.62x35

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.