Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep it sux. the really bad part is the dealer cant seem to find the right radio braket. Its an SE with the standard double din am/fm cd radio( the radio was an Avic-Z2). if someone could look at there bracket and get a part number for me that would be great.i cant install the replacement with out the bracket. i could try to make one but........ thanks for any help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Damn man that ****ing sucks. I ****ing hate people that do this type of **** and I believe they should be shot. I just instralled an alarm that has a pager and I hope they never **** with my truck because they will have a springfield XD 40 shooting some rounds at there asses. Thats if I make it out in time. Hope some one can help you out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
KHShapiro said:
yep it sux. the really bad part is the dealer cant seem to find the right radio braket. Its an SE with the standard double din am/fm cd radio( the radio was an Avic-Z2). if someone could look at there bracket and get a part number for me that would be great.i cant install the replacement with out the bracket. i could try to make one but........ thanks for any help.
That sucks, I also have the AVIC-Z2 and I'm always nervous when I leave my truck out somewhere. Try avic411.com lots of info.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Ourbaby said:
Man sorry to hear that, I wish I could help. Maybe Tech12 he might pull a lot of these.
I actually do but i always put the brackets back in. That sucks the big one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still nothing. the dealer ordered almost 400 dollars worth of brackets and none of them are it. call several junk yards and nada........... if anyone happens to take there radio out and get a part number that would be great.
The dealer wont and i understand why. but i.mm sol for the moment
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
KHShapiro said:
still nothing. the dealer ordered almost 400 dollars worth of brackets and none of them are it. call several junk yards and nada........... if anyone happens to take there radio out and get a part number that would be great.
The dealer wont and i understand why. but i.mm sol for the moment
I will be pulling a unit out on the 3rd or 4th if you do not have them by then i will get them for you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made some brackets from angle iron I got from lowes, took me 3hrs to get it right. looks perfect ( I think) but I don't have the stock brackets to judge it off of. soooo when you do take one out , if you remember to write down the part number that would be awesome.

also for anyone reading. this truck imo is very easy to steal the radio out of. I bought 4 safety torx screws to replace the 4 phillips heads , just to make it harder for thm to steal. I would rather them destroy my dash and maybe the radio than walk away with it and enjoy what my hard earned money got me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,363 Posts
Well, I'd rather them seal my eclipse HU and find out that it will not work in another vehicle later, than destroy my dash. $$$ Or you could always get a detachable face.

I had some stuff stolen from my truck yesterday morning around 3am while I was in the shower. I had just loaded some things into the cab and forgot to lock it because I was 1/2 asleep.

They got all my CD's my owners Manual with maintanence Recrods, Hand Held GPS, Craftsman Tire Pressure Sensor, and an unopened bag of beef Jerky.

Not sure what else. But they didn't have much time as I was still packing stuff into it when I got jacked in front of my house. I hope them come back for the Subs, I will be ready.

I know it was you P-dizzle! Who else would jack my jerky and leave my probox!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got the correct brackets in today. turns out they are listed as part of the dash brace structure, not related to the radio, yeah weird.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
KHShapiro said:
got the correct brackets in today. turns out they are listed as part of the dash brace structure, not related to the radio, yeah weird.
yeah and i looked at a pair today and did not see any number on them whatsoever. Just L and R
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top