Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my situation...

2004 Titan.

The truck has been parked for about 5 months now, it's hasn't been started / moved. The battery was still connected throughout that 5 month period.

At the time the truck was first parked, the fuel was almost empty. I was not anticipating to leave the truck for this long without starting, but life can get complicated sometimes.....

Now after the 5 months when I wanted to start the truck, I couldn't find my keys. I then had new keys (key + fob) cut at the dealership.

Installed new battery. Re-programmed the fob to open/close the truck (works fine).

I also just put it a quarter of a tank of fresh gas in the truck.

However, now when I try to start the truck, it cranks but won't turn over. Please see video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSxUqpsXWA4

Any idea as to why this is happening? Does the key have an immobilizer of some sort which needs to be programmed? As I've mentioned before, I've got this new key from the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
161,473 Posts
The key is chipped, and yes, it does need to be programmed to the truck.

Reactions: yazan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The key is chipped, and yes, it does need to be programmed to the truck.
thanks man, is that something that I can do or do I need a locksmith for that? I've been reading online that you need a scan tool to register the key....

·
Super Moderator
161,473 Posts
Locksmith might be able to do it. Dealer for sure. Don't know of any way you can do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Locksmith might be able to do it. Dealer for sure. Don't know of any way you can do it.
Yes the locksmith was able to program it for me.. Cranked right away once the key was registered to the truck. Thanks for the help Carbeaux

·
Super Moderator
161,473 Posts
You're very welcome, sir. Glad it worked out more easily than going to the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts