Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08.5 with 30k on the clock within the last week has decided when, and when not to fire. It will crank all day with no issue, but I would say it has turned to be 50/50 chance of full ignition. If it does decide to start, it performs flawlessly (all while throwing no codes). I dropped it off this morning to orr nissan in Corinth Texas and the little snooty service manager came out and the first thing he said was, who painted your grill and bumper? With the tone he used I felt like :bangit:. I'm thinking signs of an early IPDM failure? He told me without being able to duplicate it himself he couldn't do anything. That is bull$hit. If y'all feel that it is ipdm should I call and insist? Thanks for all help.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It looks like you have factory fogs, swap that relay with the main relay and try that for a few days. If nuthin goes wrong, Id insist that the dealer do something, or replace yourself.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have fogs at all. So, this would not be an option at all.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, I now understand that I can do this as I am provided the relays from the factory. But, due to it being under warranty shouldn't they fix this for me?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I noticed the same thing man... as soon as I had painted my bumper and grill my truck started acting up in wanting to start. Geesh... what an A-hole, I'm glad I don't have to deal with any dealerships, I'm too much of a smart a$$ to deal with those types of people, I would have something clever to say right back to them every time. Could it be the battery? I know the cold weather has made my truck not want to start up immediately and because I know my battery is starting to go out.

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
it is probably the IPDM relay as Nightstalker suggested. There is a recall on this part now.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Yup...sounds like a classic IPDM issue. If you don't have fogs, then take the relay for them and swap it with the ECM relay until the recall goes through.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what it is worth, I bought an 08 Titan about three months ago. It had 29,000 miles on it when I picked it up at the dealership. Within the week, mine was doing exactly what you described. It finally irritated me enough that after just three days of owning it, which was a Sunday, (dealership closed) I dropped in my local parts store and had them test the battery. Sure enough, there was a dead cell in the battery causing it to be hit or miss on its ability to function correctly. This may or may not be your issue, but it sounds very similar to me!!! Hope this helps. Let us know what you figure out!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
couple things i have ran into on this issue, my 05 used to do this to me all the time, i never knew if the truck was going to start or not. so what i started doing was if i turned it over and the truck didnt start, i would pull the key out, wait about 20 seconds and try it again...9 times outta 10 it would fire right up, if it didnt, it always did on the third try...i was doing this for almost a year. well my battery finally died about 6 months ago and ever since i have replaced the battery i have not had the issue once since

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just brought my 08 in for the same reason. They did the full elec testing. Had it hooked to some mach. Found nothing. Its more embarrasing than anything else!!! I do the take the key out and wait a few sec deal too. They told me when I have time to leave it there with them. The dealership is great but damn I have never owned a truck that had to be there so many damn times!! That recall was not for 08's I thought. Did they miss the ball?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts