Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so here is the story, my truck has been pulling P1274 for a while... I finally came to the conclusion that it was my wide band O2 sensor. I have a Up Rev custom tune, so that is not the problem, and I took it too them yesterday to make sure everything was still in spec. As I was leaving, the truck died. The engine was sputtering and bouncing from 0-200 RPMs until it finally turned off. It would not start again for the next hour sputtering one to three times before it was done.

Then, an hour later it decided to start. I just want to make sure that this is symptomatic of a faulty O2 sensor..? The guys at UpRev and myself came to the conclusion that is just flooding the engine. Anyone out there with good mech knowledge confirm this idea? And P1274 is the only code in the life of my 04 that it has ever spit at me.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
def not an o2 i never heard of a fualty o2 flooding an engine it just fine tunes the air fuel. only things i know of that can over fuel a fuel injected engine is a stuck open injector of the map/maf sensor... y do you think you had too much fuel? did you smell it? did you wide band say rich or lean?

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
sounds like what mine did when the relay for the ecm went out. mine started back up as well, but i made it about 3 miles and it died again, for good.

try this. (if it wont start)

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-problems-dealer-service/93766-truck-died-today-please-help.html#post1735086

flip the picture 45deg counter clockwise and that is how the ipdm sits in the truck. bottom row of relays, # 2 is ecm and # 4 is fogs (all from the left) pull the fog and put it in the ecm socket and see what happens. this fixed mine, they are the same relay.

the ipdm is in a box behind the battery on the firewall. ive switched these without unplugging anything, but you may have to unplug a few wires to get to it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whatever it is, it's electronic thats for dam sure. It happened again today, and the truck just goes into this fail mode where it sounds like it is idling on two cylinders then dies, all the while I have no throttle response. Maybe a dead ECU? If so that **** is in warranty. It is at the dealer to see what the heck is up... :ftard:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nissan confirmed that the issue is it needs a new IPDM. Is this something I can fix myself?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Could possibly be the O2 sensor, wife's 05 Altima started with the check engine light on, then flooded, and when it finally cranked there was a strong smell of raw fuel and it was running rough. Replaced O2 sensor ($320.00) Problem solved....No problems to date...........

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Welll if this doesn't sound like what happend to me just about 3 weeks ago...

I pulled the ECU relay and switched it with the Heated Power mirro relay...Both located on the IPDM.
I haven't had an issue since....I'm hoping that did the trick...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts